PDA

View Full Version : Red Cover X White Butterfly?

philip69285
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Is this a good pair? They just paired off in my tank... the white butterfly had a choice between my red cover and my leopard and she choose the red cover.

mmorris
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Is the white butterfly a pigeon based fish? If so, I wouldn't think they'd be a good match. It might be worth your while to find a nice male white butterfly.

Peachtree Discus
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
it kinda depends on the purpose of your breeding. If you're breeding for your personal stock then no problem. If you're breeding to distribute - experienced discus keepers may be reluctant to buy hybrids. tho, seems like an increased interest in hybrids here recently...probably folks interested in creating new strains. i don't know how they may feel about that mix.

philip69285
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah my white butterfly is a pigeon blood mix. Im not sure what im gunna do with them. They are in a community tank and not really aggressive acting like everyone says they get. The red cover guards the eggs and then the white butterfly comes in and shows him/her away. Then watches the eggs as well. I thought it was two females at first but not sure only saw white butterfly lay eggs but thats not to they they both arent females LOL.