PDA

View Full Version : Wet/Dry

José72
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey guys,

I'm buying a wet/dry for my 175g and need feedback on the all glass mega-flow model 4. I've seen mixed reviews on the net, mostly positive but some say it bends outward. :confused: Any information would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

José

Chad Hughes
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Hmmm.... The bending thing wuold concern me. Also, that sucker is expensive! YIKES!

Have you checked Ebay? I've purchased two wet/dry filters from a seller called "filter-tech" and have been very happy with their products. Their filters are very well constructed and their prices are much better than some of these other name brand filters. Check it out! It may save you a a few hundred dollars!

Best wishes!

discusjoe27
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
;) in my opinion you could build a sump/wet-dry or have some one make you one for cheaper and it would be better then the all glass mega flow.

there is a guy at melvinsreefs.com that will build them and ship them to your door. but please don't forget about the sponsers and vendors here :), check to see if they can build or get you on first.;)

José72
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Hmmm.... The bending thing wuold concern me. Also, that sucker is expensive! YIKES!

Have you checked Ebay? I've purchased two wet/dry filters from a seller called "filter-tech" and have been very happy with their products. Their filters are very well constructed and their prices are much better than some of these other name brand filters. Check it out! It may save you a a few hundred dollars!

Best wishes!

Chad,

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

José

José72
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
;) in my opinion you could build a sump/wet-dry or have some one make you one for cheaper and it would be better then the all glass mega flow.

there is a guy at melvinsreefs.com that will build them and ship them to your door. but please don't forget about the sponsers and vendors here :), check to see if they can build or get you on first.;)

Thanks for the info.