PDA

View Full Version : Picky Eater!

cosmodude12
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
One of my discus has turned into a picky eater. I thought he was sick at first because he refused to eat bloodworms, brine shrimp etc.

However, when I dump beefheart, he eats like a freaking zombie.

How do I force this little guy to eat other food?

RodneyL001
10-25-2009, 05:13 AM
I think discus are just peculiar for being picky eaters. I got a couple of beautiful discus from a sponsor on this site, the stupid fish refused to eat any of my frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, Jack Wattley's, or my freeze dried foods, or Ed's all natural flake foods. So to help them start eating a got some CBW from another sponsor on this site. They did eat them, but I realized it would not be practical for me to only feed them CBW. So I just kept up my previous routine minus, the CBW, and wouldn't you know I saw them accept some of my flake foods. So the moral of my story is they will eventually accept what you feed them or they will starve themselves to death. If mine start back their finicky eating habits, and someone wants them, I will send them to you. They are beautiful fish, but they will have to compete with my other discus. Oh, if only they could be like my cichlids in my 55gal, Jack Dempsey's, Parrot cichlids, Bicher, they eat anything that gets close to the tank.