PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing anything?

optionlessm
11-11-2009, 03:32 AM
I am setting up a low-tech 75 gallon planted tank to eventually put discus in. I am raising them in a different tank currently. I just want to get some expert advise to make sure that I am doing this correctly before I get going in the wrong direction. I will make bullet points so its easier to read.

* 300 watt aqueon heater (able to keep temp at 84)

* two AquaClear 50 filters (chem, mech, and bio filtration in each)

* Current USA lighting unit with 3 T5HO 10,000k 54 watt bulbs and 1 blue bulb (I can have either two or four bulbs on at a time)

*fluorite gravel between 2"-3" deep... deeper in the back

* two medium and one large mopani roots (only one has been put in the tank, the other two are soaking)

* 8 amazon sword plants (two of which have already grown to be quite large in my other tank)

* 2 apo bulb plants

* lots of vallisneria in a patch

* no CO2

* after a week, I have added a school of 6 rummy-nose tetras, 2 otos, and 1 algae eating shrimp (cant remember the name :confused:)

Thanks in advance for any help you can add, and I will try to get pics up ASAP :)

rickztahone
11-11-2009, 03:34 AM
i would just question the lighting in regards to the kelvins. usually people tend to use the 6700k range rather than the 10k's which are more geared towards salt water tanks IMO

optionlessm
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
i would just question the lighting in regards to the kelvins. usually people tend to use the 6700k range rather than the 10k's which are more geared towards salt water tanks IMO

ok, I will look into that, the lighting does seem to be extremely 'white' rather than daylight color.