PDA

View Full Version : Water aeration?

tcmemphisbbq
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
In my 125 I have always had a aeration bar, 18inch i think, I have 2 canister filters and have supplemented that with a biosponge ran by a powerhead, I recently added a HOB Marinland 400 as the supplemental and wanna change the sponge back to airstone driven.... If I do this can I remove the eyesore bubble bar and be confident they are getting enough dissolved oxygen in the display?

bioload is a few plants, 8 5-6" discus, couple angels(1 is 10 yrs old), couple small fantail tetras.

Im gonna be adding more plants soon also when a actually aquascape the tank.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Eddie
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, definitely

tcmemphisbbq
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks Eddie, will wait till the couple gets thier egg laying done for the nite, at first I liked the bubble bar but the more I get into discus I want thier tank to be more natural, dont recall ever seeing a bubble bar in a river, well maybe rapids LOL - plus getting rid of the power head will give them more gentle current and maybe even help my plants by lowering the o2 level a bit.. Least that was my overall logic lol but mainly to get rid of the bubble bar hehe..

Thanks again

Tom

tcmemphisbbq
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Your enlisted arent you Eddie?

Eddie
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Your enlisted arent you Eddie?

Yup, E-6 Air Force stationed at Kadena Air Base Japan.

Eddie

tcmemphisbbq
11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you for your service.
Tom

Eddie
11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Thank you for your service.
Tom

Its my pleasure Tom, there are lots of military folks on here, many retired, civilian contractors and many with family members who serve. Its always good to hear, especially for all those who serve our great nation!

Take care!

Eddie

tcmemphisbbq
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
My grandparents, great grandparents all served. I have seen hundreds of pics from those times. I have a high respect for those who serve and protect our freedoms. I tried to sign up when I was 18(38 now) but at the time it was for the wrong reasons and I ended up not getting in....

We catered the river rats reunion in SEptember, 1100 person gig for us but there were 5 times that staying in the hotels they took over LOL... great bunch of guys... My wife is hot and 11 yrs younger then me and it was funny to watch all those old vets hittin on her .... "hey darlin you 18?" LOL it was a hoot - she got a kick out of it too but it was a great honor for us to feed that many and great to sit and drink beer with them after and hear all the stories. Before that we fed 700 for family day at Camp Atturbury about 10 miles away.

Tom

Eddie
11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, 1100 people, that must have been like a stampede runnin around, bet it was a good time though.

Take care,

Eddie