PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tank background alternative

rickscics
11-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I thought I would try and winterize a couple of tanks with bubble wrap and discovered a company that has colored wrap. I bought some blue to try out. Here is the result . It isn't as clean looking as a nicely painter tank but the good news is you can take it off anytime you like. I think is should help preserve the internal tank temperatures and keep the electric bill in check. I put it on top of the tank also. What is the consensus ?
It :) is taking some getting used to by the inhabitants . They can't figure out what has happened in there house. The actual color is the darker color. There is also a lime green and a red for those decorators out there.
:) Rick

kirkp
11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Killing two birds with one stone can't be a bad idea. I painted my tanks and then put the reflectix pipe insulation on. Reflectix is basically bubble wrap with a silvery surface. Bottom line is that I think they look good.

Kirk

rickscics
11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I think is pretty good so far. thanks for the reply

rickztahone
11-17-2009, 01:06 AM
looks nice, i like it and it serves a double purpose. how many fish are you up to now? you and Chad are setting up for some great breeding programs that's for sure.

Scribbles
11-17-2009, 05:00 AM
It looks nice and helps keep the tank warm. Sounds like a win win situation to me.

Chris

rickscics
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
looks nice, i like it and it serves a double purpose. how many fish are you up to now? you and Chad are setting up for some great breeding programs that's for sure.

Hi Ricardo. Well I just counted I have thirty four. Not even close to Chad:)
The albino red turqs in the blue tank are now acclimated and back to normal.
I will post a video again soon to update their growth and development. Rick