PDA

View Full Version : Attitude problem

TrystanV
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Ok so I have a 5 juvie discus in a 90 gal tank, 2 pigeon bloods and 3 royal reds, problem is that one of the pigeon seems to have an attitude problem, meaning he is terrorizing the other 4 constantly chasing them from one end of the tank to the other. Obviously he's the dominant fish, but right now he's just stressing the other completely out.

Any suggestion on how I can get him to cool down a bit, or is that impossible:confused:

Thanks

Trystan

Eddie
11-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Add 5 more targets (discus)

Eddie

TrystanV
11-16-2009, 11:16 PM
yea I might look into that, but wouldn't that overcrowd the aquarium a tad bit:p

Eddie
11-17-2009, 12:06 AM
yea I might look into that, but wouldn't that overcrowd the aquarium a tad bit:p

90 gallon, 10 gallons per discus, you are bound to have 1-2 stunted ones (naturally). Thats right on the money.

Eddie

mmorris
11-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Is it a planted tank, and are there other tankmates?

TrystanV
11-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Its planted, and yes there some other species in the tank a bunch of tetras and a few angels who the discus seem to leave alone.

Am thinking of getting some Wild discus via my friend (who runs my LFS) from below water, after QT would a good or bad Idea to put them with domesticated Discus?

Eddie
11-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Its planted, and yes there some other species in the tank a bunch of tetras and a few angels who the discus seem to leave alone.

Am thinking of getting some Wild discus via my friend (who runs my LFS) from below water, after QT would a good or bad Idea to put them with domesticated Discus?

Ah, well that changes things. Add 2 more targets. ;)

Eddie

Scribbles
11-17-2009, 04:57 AM
How many angels, tetras, and other fish do you have?

Chris

TrystanV
11-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Well Tought I'd give a little update, guess the little troublemaker pissed the others off cause all of a sudden he calmed down and is now one of the most submissive

As far as acquiring wild discus, its goin to be a bit harder the only place I know off in Canada(below water) aparently doesn't carry Wild Discus anymore:(

Anybody of anywhere else in Canada I could get some, or maybe someone in the US that ships to Canada? Already tried Al, and he doesn't :S

Thanks

Trystan

exv152
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Anybody of anywhere else in Canada I could get some, or maybe someone in the US that ships to Canada? Already tried Al, and he doesn't :S

Hey Trystan, I've been to Montréal several times to check out aquarium stores and discus, and I know there are several stores that sell them and for really good prices too. Big Al's, in Pointe Claire, sells them for like $30/each, and have a good variety to choose from. Then there's at least five other stores downtown that sell them for a bit more.