PDA

View Full Version : I'm back ... a few ??

traco
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
I'll be getting five discus from April, around 3 1/2" - 4". They are going into a 67 gallon bare bottom tank with a few cories and BN plecos, some driftwood with anubias. I have an overflow system, can this be used along with a sump .... is a sump a good thing other than you can hide heaters? Water changes a couple of times a week while feeding heavily, 50% (more if needed).

April
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
a sump would be great..it adds extra gallons for one thing. you could have a 50 gallon..and a sunp underneath..and overflow..more water in the system. go for it.
welcome back..it can be done..the good thing you have going is you have had discus..and you will know if and when they want a wc . they will tell you..if they arent impressed iwth your housecleaning duties. : ) once they grow a bit more..then you could cut back ..they will be easier than the little guys you got a couple years back..as they are past the runting out stage and fragile baby stage already.

steve.ryall
11-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice to see you Barb :)

traco
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Okay, I'll get the plumbing figured out for the sump. I've got this overflow that was never used for saltwater. Thanks for the welcome back ... can't wait for them ... Christmas came early! lol:D