PDA

View Full Version : JEBAO FILTERS

VIOLIN33
11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
HAS ANYBODY USED ANY OF THESE FLITERS I HAD A FLUVAL 404 IT BROKE DOWN,I DIDNT LIKE IT ANYWAY..THANKS DAVE

theblondskeleton
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
I have one. I've used it constantly for 8 months, and no issues yet. The media needs to be rinsed well out of the box, and some of the components are a little flimsy, but no leaks, little noise, good flow, and hose shut-off valves make it a good one. My only real complaint is disconnecting the hoses from the unit for cleaning: there is a bit of head pressure built up under the hoses, so when you shut them off, it seals the pressure inside the canister. There are no shut-off valves for the canister side, so when you pull the hoses off, there is a bit of a fountain effect. Aside from that, it's solid.

I also have a Rena XP3, and I have to say, I'd keep an eye on Craigslist for a used one of those before I'd buy another Jebo for the same price - but they don't suck. :)

Jason
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I stay away from anything made in china its all cheap crap, get yourself a good filter like eheim, rena, or marineland. Buy quality now to avoid headaches in the future.:)

tcyiu
12-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I stay away from anything made in china its all cheap crap, get yourself a good filter like eheim, rena, or marineland. Buy quality now to avoid headaches in the future.:)

Before you reflexively dismiss all "Made in China" products, it's my understanding from the owner of the best LFS here that Eheim produces their cannisters in China.

That said, I think the Jebao product line needs a few more years of maturing before I would use them.

Tim

zamboniMan
12-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I like Fluval filters and have great sucess with them. Did you check the impeller?

I would stay away from Jebao filters atlest until they come out with better models.

You may look into getting a HOT Magnum or Magnum 350 they both work well, are fairly inexpensive, and pretty easy to use.

HTH,
Josh