PDA

View Full Version : Female stop eating after laying eggs...

Eugene1
12-01-2009, 01:45 AM
my female LSS female lay eggs every 5 days for the past 3 weeks the eggs didnt make it cuz my temp was too high. after i lowered the temp to 84 now they have aout 120+- wrigglers. but she is not eatting well. only pick at little things floatting around. on the other hand male is eatting like a pig. Her color is still very normal...just not eating. im starting to get worried cuz she has become a little skinny. she has no white poop or anything like that.
anyone has this problem b4? i need some help here....

jaykne
12-01-2009, 03:44 AM
One pair I have will eat untill they get wigglers once they have wigglers the male will stop eating, have not had a good spawn with them albino and working on getting them to attach, but as for not eating I think that is normal for allot of pairs untill the fry are free swimming and attached. Good luck with your spawn, Larrry

Eddie
12-01-2009, 04:10 AM
my female LSS female lay eggs every 5 days for the past 3 weeks the eggs didnt make it cuz my temp was too high. after i lowered the temp to 84 now they have aout 120+- wrigglers. but she is not eatting well. only pick at little things floatting around. on the other hand male is eatting like a pig. Her color is still very normal...just not eating. im starting to get worried cuz she has become a little skinny. she has no white poop or anything like that.
anyone has this problem b4? i need some help here....

I'd be a little concerned. She shouldnt be getting skinny. My albino female goes 2-3 weeks straight without eating, during spawning, and she never gets skinny. :(

Eddie

Eugene1
12-01-2009, 05:23 AM
thanks for the responds jaykne and eddie.

yes eddie thats why im a little worried. after this batch i will pull the female to let her rest a bit in bigger tank.
so from what i understood this is a normal behavior right?

Eddie
12-01-2009, 05:31 AM
thanks for the responds jaykne and eddie.

yes eddie thats why im a little worried. after this batch i will pull the female to let her rest a bit in bigger tank.
so from what i understood this is a normal behavior right?

I guess you can say its not too uncommon. I have another female that eats the entire time, while fanning, while coralling, with fry. I find them to be all different. :o

Eddie

Eugene1
12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
I guess you can say its not too uncommon. I have another female that eats the entire time, while fanning, while coralling, with fry. I find them to be all different. :o

Eddie

:) yes eddie im 100% agree with you ( the male fish i have will even eat when he is spawning lol)

usually a fish quit eating i always think its worms in the tommy.....