PDA

View Full Version : Holiday RAOK (Random Act Of Kindness)

snoopy65
12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I have participated in one of these in another forum that I frequent and thought I would start one here.

What better time of year to perform a Random Act Of Kindness (RAOK) than the Holiday Season?

What better time of year to give back to your fellow members of Simply?

Now is your chance to give back what you can and make this Holiday Season a special one!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!! HAVE FUN!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

THE RULES

* You may post any item as a RAOK. (Must be legal but does not have to be fish related)
* All RAOK items posted must be free. (Shipping and handling charges must be reasonable)
* Participants may post as many RAOK items as they want.
* Participants may only claim one RAOK item between now and January 1, 2010.
* The participant that claims a RAOK item must pay for shipping.

Please Note: Any RAOK items that are not claimed by January 1, 2010 can be claimed by any participant.

I will start.

I have a new Eheim Everyday Automatic Fish Feeder in it's original box with instructions(It was a display model so it does show a few scuffs but never used).

5 Pure Endler Fry.

PM with zip code for shipping quote.

Feel free to add your own RAOK to this thread!

Scribbles
12-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Great idea! I have a new 3.65L jar of Black Diamond activated carbon if anyone is in need. It's heavy so pick up would be prefered but I can look into shipping if someone wants me to.

Chris

3DDiscus
12-02-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm in - I have a 2.5 oz Prime Reef Flakes and a 2.5 oz Forumla One Flakes that none of my discus ever took to. Maybe a few flakes short of a full container in these. Bought less than 6 months ago.

Eddie
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I have 2 each 16 oz bottles of Kordon Rid Metals. Brand new and still in shipping box.

Eddie

ifixoldhouses
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a new Eheim Everyday Automatic Fish Feeder in it's original box with instructions(It was a display model so it does show a few scuffs but never used).

Feel free to add your own RAOK to this thread!

I'll take the feeder:)

Aquaben19
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm in - I have a 2.5 oz Prime Reef Flakes and a 2.5 oz Forumla One Flakes that none of my discus ever took to. Maybe a few flakes short of a full container in these. Bought less than 6 months ago.

I would like to try out these flakes as I am always looking to try new foods. If you still have them that is.

But I am not going to take anything without offering something:

I have alot of tank decorations that I don't need. There is a sunken battleship, a 2pc sunken ship that is quite nice, at least 5 fake plants that are different sizes and a bag of bioballs.

Good thread!
Ben

snoopy65
12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll take the feeder:)

Have a wonderful holiday and I hope the feeder serves you well!

3DDiscus
12-02-2009, 08:26 PM
They are yours. Send me a PM with your address and I will mail them to you, free. Hope your fish like them. A lot of folks here say they are good food, just didn't work for me (I simply don't have the heart to starve my discus...)

Happy Holidays!

I would like to try out these flakes as I am always looking to try new foods. If you still have them that is.

But I am not going to take anything without offering something:

I have alot of tank decorations that I don't need. There is a sunken battleship, a 2pc sunken ship that is quite nice, at least 5 fake plants that are different sizes and a bag of bioballs.

Good thread!
Ben

prolude006
12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
darn anyone have another automatic feeder they want to get rid of??? I dont have anything at the moment, maybe some star grass in a month or so.

migetguy
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
i would love to try out some new food for my discus if anyone has any to get rid of. :D

dbfzurowski
12-04-2009, 03:52 AM
any 1inch or 1 1/2 in diamond tipped glass drills?

Aquaben19
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Big Thanks to 3DDiscus! He sent me the food and I received it in the mail today!

I dropped some in and the discus took to it immediately. Never seen them eat flake food so fast and good.

Just a reminder... I still have all the decorations I posted earlier..

Thanks again 3DDiscus!!

Ben

3DDiscus
12-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Glad your fish like the food. Happy Holidays.

David

Big Thanks to 3DDiscus! He sent me the food and I received it in the mail today!

I dropped some in and the discus took to it immediately. Never seen them eat flake food so fast and good.

Just a reminder... I still have all the decorations I posted earlier..

Thanks again 3DDiscus!!

Ben

Singin4Cnu
12-06-2009, 02:40 PM
As I get farther into this hobbie, I seem to have a sweet spot for finding tanks cheap. I do not, however, find heaters/filters/sponge filters(I guess that is what you call them, I always use them in bare bottoms). I now have three extra tanks that I would love to get running, but as I said, only have the tanks and air pumps lol (a 45,29, and 20 gallons).

If anyone has any of these laying around they do not need I would be glad to have them! PMs would be fine.

Thanks a bunch!!:)

~Singin4cnu

discusjoe27
12-07-2009, 07:29 AM
I've got some plastic plants. Plano texas 75023