PDA

View Full Version : Need a better pair!

Singin4Cnu
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
So now that I can get my female to lay eggs, I am wondering what strains would create decent fry with her. This is a picture of the two that gave their first run with eggs a few days ago. The blue is the female. Any suggestions would be great as I am planning to purchase more fish soon!

Thanks
~singin4cnu

smiley
12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey mate...what size(length) is your female?

Singin4Cnu
12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Right now she is at about 3.5 inches (aka the reason I want to deter laying for a while, still needs a bit of growing out). The male is slightly larger (supposed male). I plan on getting at least a blue diamond and a turq (not sure blur or red, prolly red). Any suggestions'?

keef
12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi,
I'm not sure how much growth you have left in that BD. It may just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like the eyes are very large which may indicate that is it quite stunted. Do you have any more pics?

Singin4Cnu
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
She is a bit stunted for sure, when I got her her eyes were much more un proportioned. She had a nice shape however and is super friendly so I couldn't help myself lol She does however seem to have a good bit of growth left as she eats like a horse and is noticeably bigger every week.

mmorris
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
She looks like a cobalt, so I would get a cobalt.

Singin4Cnu
12-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Ya she is a cobalt/brilliant, not sure which. As for another Cobalt, that's what I was thinking. How would she fair with a Blue Diamond or a Turq?

Eddie
12-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Ya she is a cobalt/brilliant, not sure which. As for another Cobalt, that's what I was thinking. How would she fair with a Blue Diamond or a Turq?

Blue Diamond, turquoise, blue snakeskin or brilliant would be fine. ;)

HTH

Eddie

Singin4Cnu
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks Eddie, I'll keep those in mind when I go to get some new guys. They were dancing again last night and cleaning the log so well see what happens.

~Singin4cnu