PDA

View Full Version : A pair and fry pics ..

brewmaster15
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi all,
I'm always playing around with something here and with that in mind I picked up a group of 3 inch fish from one of Kenny and Forrest Shipments.. They were a bunch of albino intermediates... with Leopard and snake skin in them...... The had some really interesting patterns then and of course carried the albino gene....so I kept a few and paired them out...this is the pair I kept.. One thing I can say is If Kenny and Forrest say they are albino intermediates... thats what they are...So far I have bred 3 unrelates sets of fish sold as albino intermediates...and all three confirmed the albino ... so thanks Guys.:)

-al

brewmaster15
12-09-2009, 03:49 PM
This is their first spawn and I have to say they have been great..They even have shared their homemade surf and turf with their little ones...;):D

-al

brewmaster15
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
and a few more...

-al

Chad Hughes
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Gorgeous Al!

Well done!

Best wishes!

William Palumbo
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Sweet fish Al!...They have that wild look that I like. Very nice!...Bill

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-09-2009, 06:05 PM
jeez, talk about KILLER pics Al, wow. hey, that chunk of surf n turf looks familiar! :D:D

sweet pair, I like their lineage. I bet the babies are gonna grow out real nice!

take care bro.

Eddie
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
WICKED pictures Al! That pair is amazing. I love the black ring on them and the babies look fabulous!!

All the best,

Eddie

Ed13
12-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Sweet fish Al!...They have that wild look that I like. Very nice!...Bill
THIS AND...

WICKED pictures Al! That pair is amazing. I love the black ring on them and the babies look fabulous!!

All the best,

Eddie
THIS!:D:D

rwong2k
12-09-2009, 08:15 PM
wow awesome photos, i'm excited for you =)

can't wait to see more photos on the progress on these guys!

Condor
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Al I think those are some special fish you have there. That is neat to see. I love the wild type pattern/coloring.

Adrian

Darren's Discus
12-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Very nice Al.

cheers

Scribbles
12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Beautiful pair! They look like wild crosses. I love the pics of them sharing with the fry.

Chris

patrick richard
12-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Al,

The fish look amazing, I don't know how you do it. We're going to have to sit down and have a nice chat next time I visit. I need to find out what you keep doing right, and what I keep doing wrong:D:D. Talk to you later buddy.

Patrick

forrest
12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Hi all,
I'm always playing around with something here and with that in mind I picked up a group of 3 inch fish from one of Kenny and Forrest Shipments.. They were a bunch of albino intermediates... with Leopard and snake skin in them...... The had some really interesting patterns then and of course carried the albino gene....so I kept a few and paired them out...this is the pair I kept.. One thing I can say is If Kenny and Forrest say they are albino intermediates... thats what they are...So far I have bred 3 unrelates sets of fish sold as albino intermediates...and all three confirmed the albino ... so thanks Guys.:)

-al

hi Al,
i just cant recall what did i name those fishes when i sold them.....the wild looking of those fishes is something unexpected. this is something interesting for all of us discus lovers, when we cross a fish to another, we will always to have to wait n see till the fishes get mature...and yet we still have to wait n guess by imbreeding the fishes......a generation over another....sometime we get the encouragements n sometime disappointments from our expectation.

btw, thank u very much Al for taking good care of those fishes n let us have an oppotunity to see the result of their offspring.

best rgds,
forrest.

brewmaster15
12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
HI all,
Thanks for the kind comments on this pair...they are one of my favorites here...maybe its because of the wild look... but they definetly carry albino genes.

Patrick, anytime you want to talk..lets get together.:)

Forrest, Kenny may know better which shipment they came from...but It was from a group that had both 9 bar and snake skins... as I had gotten some of both. I kept one snakeskin as well.....My understanding is these have spotted genes as well. A friend of mine out here has a pair of siblings from this group as well...that look very similar to mine.

It'll be interesting to see how the fry grow out....

-al

Carolina discus
12-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Al,
Great job...looking great as usual! I believe they came from a Kok Eng shipment...I remember kicking myself for not getting any!
Take care my friend...
Eric

Lauren
12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Al,
pretty awesome looking. It may be early, but are you planning to grow out the fry for yourself? Or will these beautys be available?

The discus bug is biting already... Again.

Lauren

Kenny's Discus
12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Al,

Great job as always and beautiful pictures! Love those shots where the parents were competing against their babies for food lol...what a lovely sight!:) Thanks for the kind words Al and all the best to you in growing them out.

Eric,

You must have better memory than I do my friend...I just couldn't remember exactly which Forrest shipments they came from, hmm....:mad::D

Thanks,
Kenny

scottthomas
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I also purchased some of those WildXalbino f1 intermediates from Kenny/Forrest and have had success breeding with several albino fry. I think these are great looking fish, I like that wild look-and a plus that they throw some albinos. I hope to cross breed some of the albinos with a few of my other discus. PS out of the first 6 discus I buy from Kenny I have 3 pairs that produce fry no problems-for those that say Asian discus not breed well-at least I know those that Forrest sell are fertile.

prolude006
12-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I want some of those Al!!!!!

ashaysathe
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice looking pair and indeed interesting. Been a while since we talked. Hope all is well. Will stop by one of these days. Ciao

dpt8
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Cool Al. I still have three split adults but I think they are all males.. Hope you still have these babies when I visit you during vacation :9) David

Discus-n00b
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I had a pair of Wild crosses with the albino gene from Kenny a while back, they were just reaching the 4" mark but quickly were becoming favorites. You're pair looks great, love the pattern on them. Good luck with the fry Al.

Carolina discus
12-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Ha Kenny...
I always remember the GOOD ones!!!!!

Great job again AL

Eric

scottthomas
03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I am really interested in these fish. Could we get an update please?

Thanks

korbi_doc
03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
:D Yeah Al, I concur...would love to see'm now!!

Dottie

QUOTE=scottthomas;629722]I am really interested in these fish. Could we get an update please?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

discusaddicted
03-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Great looking pair Al :thumbsup:.Good luck with them!

Vlad

brewmaster15
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply here...I've been really swamped the last few days here and just noticed this thread.

I ran into some serious space issues here and didn't keep any of those fry for grow outs.:( But I have a group of 40-50 from the parents that are here dime to nickle size and growing well. These I will be growing out and will keep a dozen or so as I have freed up some space. The pair is doing very well also....They are facing the cone and getting ready to spawn again.:D

best regards all!

-al

mmorris
03-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I ran into some serious space issues here ...-al

You have serious space issues?!!! I'll show you serious space issues!!! Get yourself more tanks!!!

Lovely fish, by the way. :)

Auntie Martha

brewmaster15
03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
You have serious space issues?!!! I'll show you serious space issues!!! Get yourself more tanks!!!

Lovely fish, by the way. :)

Auntie MarthaLol... Its all relativeI guess Martha.:)...I find myself very cramped at 2500 gals...of course thats because I used to have way more and cut back, and I am as you know... a hopeless addicted fish nut.:)

But..If I need more tanks..I know a certain someone that needs a House of their own with a basement;):D

Thanks !
-al

kitykatfunkiehat
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Al,
Your fish take better family photos than I could ever get with my own human family.
Hah! They look great. So adorable.

brewmaster15
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jenna!:) The power of the digital camera's delete button...take enough pics and theres sure to be some winners there...then delete the rest!

-al

kitykatfunkiehat
04-30-2010, 08:51 PM
My theory exactly! I think my digital camera has like, 400 awful and blurry pictures on it of the fish, and maybe 3 good ones.

2075turner
05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply here...I've been really swamped the last few days here and just noticed this thread.

I ran into some serious space issues here and didn't keep any of those fry for grow outs.:( But I have a group of 40-50 from the parents that are here dime to nickle size and growing well. These I will be growing out and will keep a dozen or so as I have freed up some space. The pair is doing very well also....They are facing the cone and getting ready to spawn again.:D

best regards all!

-al

Get rid of the kitch table, lol

lots of room there

ockyra215
05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Al if you have a summer meeting Ill come up and get some they look awesome!:D