View Full Version : How many???

htruong
12-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Hi All,

I believe 8 (2-3 inches in size) of my discus are sick (same symptom) so I moved them to a 20 gallon qt and started the medication. I wonder whether the 20 gallon qt is too small for them. Any advices?

Thanks,
-Hoang

tcyiu
12-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Hi All,

I believe 8 (2-3 inches in size) of my discus are sick (same symptom) so I moved them to a 20 gallon qt and started the medication. I wonder whether the 20 gallon qt is too small for them. Any advices?

Thanks,
-Hoang

In my opinion, it sounds about right. 24 inches of small discus in 20 for treatment purposes. I would do it.

They will not be in there for a long time. Plus with 8, even if there is aggression, it will be spread out. In a larger tank, you would just end up using and wasting a lot more medication.

Just make sure you do regular WCs to remove waste. and have lots of aeration.

Tim

Eddie
12-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Thats fine for treatment purposes.

Eddie

htruong
12-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks Tim and Eddie. I am glad I am on the right course.

I literally reduce feeding at this time. Beside they don't want to eat anyway and I am doing 75% WC daily before new medication. They almost complete first day of medication and they appear to be better. Hopefully they are going to get well soon...

-Hoang

Eddie
12-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks Tim and Eddie. I am glad I am on the right course.

I literally reduce feeding at this time. Beside they don't want to eat anyway and I am doing 75% WC daily before new medication. They almost complete first day of medication and they appear to be better. Hopefully they are going to get well soon...

-Hoang

Sounds good, best of luck with them and keep us updated.

Take care,

Eddie