View Full Version : update!

Finatic
12-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Just a quick update on the new Discus. Im still doing some heavy water changes and salt since my checkerboards still have some Ick, so the lights have been off for several days now, BUT...

My guys are now coming up to the glass every time I come to the tank begging for food. They now know who the man is, so I am happy to get some recognition finally!

David Rose
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Kudos and well done! Any picture updates as well?

What temp are you keeping your tank at now?

Eddie
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Just a quick update on the new Discus. Im still doing some heavy water changes and salt since my checkerboards still have some Ick, so the lights have been off for several days now, BUT...

My guys are now coming up to the glass every time I come to the tank begging for food. They now know who the man is, so I am happy to get some recognition finally!

Thats great to hear....really a good feeling when they give attention.

All the best!

Eddie

Finatic
12-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Kudos and well done! Any picture updates as well?

What temp are you keeping your tank at now?

No pictures yet, as I have had the lights out, and I want them to look their best (no Ick)

I have the water at 88 for the Ick. The Ick on my Marlboros and Blue Sapphire cleared up in 2 days, but the Checkerboards still have it (although it looked much better this morning). I may finally be getting through this. I will keep the temp up for a week or so to make sure, then drop back to 86.

It really is a great feeling to have your fish not be scared of you, and in fact want to see you. I know they are just using me for my food, but I dont care!

Its awesome to see their fins extended and they are swimming frantically trying to get your attention. Its almost as if they are saying "Look at me, Look at me!!"

David Rose
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Did you use meds as well to help cure your discus?

It's great to hear they're doing better. Keep up the good work and enjoy!

Finatic
12-18-2009, 01:49 PM
No Meds, I like to avoid them any chance I can, and also medicating a 125G gets to be a challenge. Since so many of them came down with Ick, I did the whole tank treatment.

I think the lights off, warm water and salt all helped them acclimate better also.