PDA

View Full Version : Hi from England

gerbill
12-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Hello,
My name is Bill ,have been keeping Discus for many years now, my passion is for mainly Wilds,but I learn something new every day.
Have been reading your Forum for a while now ,some really interesting threads,looking forward to contributing and gaining more knowledge.
Regards
Bill

William Palumbo
12-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Bill...another Bill here into wilds too. Glad to see you on Simply...Bill

Moon
12-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Welcome to SD Bill. Enjoy your stay and post often.
Joe

roclement
12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
welcome! come on in and make yourself at home! tell us about your tank(s) and post pictures of your fish, we love pictures!!!

Rod

keef
12-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi Bill,
Welcome to the forum. I'm English too but now live in Australia, hope to see some pics of your tank(s) soon!
Keith

Ed13
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Welcome to Simply Bill!

ED

Eddie
12-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey there Bill and Weclome to Simply. Glad to meet another discus enthusiast.

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Eddie

mmorris
12-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Bill, did you make it to the BIDKA discus show last month? Perhaps we met. :)
Martha

gerbill
12-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Just a quick thank you to all you guys for a very warm welcome on a cold day here in England,looking forward to contributing

Hi Bill, did you make it to the BIDKA discus show last month? Perhaps we met. :)
Martha
Hello Martha,
Yes I did make it to the BIDKA show thoroughly enjoyed it.
Yes our eyes did meet over the Discus South stand,but unfortunately for me you were surrounded by Scotsmen:)
Look forward to meeting you in 2011
Regards
Bill

wgtaylor
12-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Bill,
Was just checking out your heckels on, From the Source: The Amazon section. Very nice.
Will be great seeing you posting on your wilds here. You have done a remarkable job with them.
Welcome, from yet another Bill, :D and wild discus hobbyist.
Bill Taylor

mmorris
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
unfortunately for me you were surrounded by Scotsmen:)

Bill

I just couldn't shake the darned things! :D:D

David Rose
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome to SD!

scottishbloke
12-21-2009, 01:19 AM
unfortunately for me you were surrounded by Scotsmen:)

Well, Bill, there is a simple reason you were wholly unable to compete with those Scotsmen for Martha's attention- you are English :p

Welcome to the forum mate

Colin
P.S. Actually, I have mates in your neck of the woods- in the Rudgeley area.

gerbill
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Bill,
Was just checking out your heckels on, From the Source: The Amazon section. Very nice.
Will be great seeing you posting on your wilds here. You have done a remarkable job with them.
Welcome, from yet another Bill, :D and wild discus hobbyist.
Bill Taylor
Hello Bill
Thank you for your kind comments,we have spoken before on Bidka
Regards
Bill

Welcome to SD!
Hello David
Many thanks
Bill

Well, Bill, there is a simple reason you were wholly unable to compete with those Scotsmen for Martha's attention- you are English :p

Welcome to the forum mate

Colin
P.S. Actually, I have mates in your neck of the woods- in the Rudgeley area.
Hello Colin,
I take it you have roots in Scotland:)
I live quite close to Rugeley on the edge Cannock Chase.
Regards
Bill

mmorris
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM

Nice bunch, those Scots. :D So Bill, what's your football team?

keef
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM

Hats off to Martha, an American calling it by its proper name and not soccer ;)

mmorris
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
If we're going to be playing a game the rest of the world plays, we should call it what the rest of the world calls it. Football. :)

gerbill
12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Hello Martha,
I live in the Midlands and I am surrounded by many Football teams,Wolverhampton Wanderers,West Bromwich Albion,Birmingham City to name a few,But I grew up supporting Aston Villa one day they will come good:) I hope.
Who do you support ?
I think the U.S.A stand a good chance in the World Cup b.t.w
Regards
Bill

poddan
12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Bill!
Have seen that you have some heckel.
IŽll raise you to F1 :antlers:

Keep thoose pictures comming.

/ Artur

mmorris
12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Hello Martha,
I live in the Midlands and I am surrounded by many Football teams,Wolverhampton Wanderers,West Bromwich Albion,Birmingham City to name a few,But I grew up supporting Aston Villa one day they will come good:) I hope.
Who do you support ?
I think the U.S.A stand a good chance in the World Cup b.t.w
Regards
Bill

Yes, I am familiar with those teams. Don't know if Aston villa will ever 'come good' but one can always hope. :D I am a Southampton supporter. I know, I know. :o

scottishbloke
12-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi Bill, I am indeed Scottish, moved here 9 years ago (but my family name is originally derived from French knights who settled in Sussex after kicking your rear ends in 1066 :p). By the way, my mate Andy from Rudgeley is also a diehard Villa supporter, as was my other friend Kate, who incidentally also lived beside Cannock Chase until a few years ago when she got married and moved to Cambridge. We were all students at Edinburgh Uni in the 90s, after which time I emigrated over here to the Colonies in 2000.

Anyway, back to the fish! I've only been keeping discus since June this year, but thanks to all the incredibly knowledgeable and super nice folks on here :), I've learned a massive amount about these stunning fish. Hand feeding them in my 90g BB is something I especially enjoy doing :D. Nowadays, when anyone comes to visit, as soon as they walk into my living room and see the fish, they stop in their tracks and go "Wow!". Kenny Cheung really did an outstanding job picking out my fish :D:D:D.

Look forward to seeing pics of your wilds on here- like everything else in the UK, I imagine discus are extraordinarily expensive there...

Cheers,

Colin

gerbill
12-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello,
I would just like to take this opportunity to wish every body a Very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year Looking forward to contributing more in the coming year.
(P.S. this includes Southampton supporters :) )

traversediscus
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
GOOOOOOOOO Torquay United!!!!!!!

gerbill
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
GOOOOOOOOO Torquay United!!!!!!!

Hello,
Used to live in Torquay not far from Castle Circus know Plainmoor quite well!

traversediscus
01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Hello,
Used to live in Torquay not far from Castle Circus know Plainmoor quite well!

Ahh my Mum works at the town hall there. I was born in Torquay and lived there till i moved here 3 1/2 years ago. I miss the bars in Torquay.