PDA

View Full Version : surface movement

Palue
12-27-2009, 12:11 AM
I am currently running a fluval 305 cannister filter, I am not happy with the surface movement of the water even after cleaning the hoses etc so I would like to know which would be the best option for me to create a little bit more movement without turning the tank into blowing frenzy.

Tank is a 46 gal bowfront.

I am looking at these options and would appreciate any opinions about them:

Hydor Koralia Nano Powerhead
Fluval Spray Bar
Hydor Ario Color 2 or the 4

pinoysport
12-27-2009, 12:14 AM
I am currently running a fluval 305 cannister filter, I am not happy with the surface movement of the water even after cleaning the hoses etc so I would like to know which would be the best option for me to create a little bit more movement without turning the tank into blowing frenzy.

Tank is a 46 gal bowfront.

I am looking at these options and would appreciate any opinions about them:

Hydor Koralia Nano Powerhead
Fluval Spray Bar
Hydor Ario Color 2 or the 4

I know some may not agree.. but i have ran a few different set ups. and one of my set ups i ran a fluval 405 . and two powrhead 30's on each side for a 90 gal tank ... never had any issues.

Palue
12-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Well I do have some extra aqua clear filters that I could add on. I only want a bit of movment so a mini would probably do the trick in that area.

Have you ever used a spray bar??

DiscusFreakaZoid
12-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I have a Long air bubble wand that creates alot of surface agitation more so then my canister outlet. Also when i use to have a fluval canister i aimed the nozzle up so the water kind of shot out that made alot of waves.

Scribbles
12-27-2009, 04:16 AM
I run a Fluval 305 on my 58 gallon tank. For surface movement I use a short airstone bar hooked up to an air pump for a 10 gal tank and don't bleed off any of the output. I get good surface movement but not so much as to bother the discus. HTH.

Chris