PDA

View Full Version : Wrigglers attached on bottom of tank

scottthomas
12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I have a pair that laid on the bottom of the tank instead of the cone. (first time they have done this) Now they are trying to gaurd the wrigglers attached to the bottom glass. Will this pose problems or has anyone else had experience with this? (Maybe they will move them)

MostlyDiscus
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Scott,

Some pairs move wigglers and some dont. How the wigglers do on the bottom really depends on how clean your tank is. I would lay off all feeding until they free swim though. I have had pairs lay on the sides of the tank but only on the bottom once. These are Wattleys from 92 or so.

Ed

scottthomas
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks,

Your pictures look just like my circumstances.
They are almost free swimming and the parents just keep picking them up and spitting them back on the bottom. Doesnt appear that they are going to move them. I do notice that some are scattered and being left alone. My tank is clean so I'll just wait and see what happens next. This pair has already produced hundreds of fry and are usually expert parents. Dont know why they did this.

moik
12-30-2009, 02:41 PM
That got pi$$ you off..Problably a pair you want fry from badly..Hopefuly they go free swimming and make it..Just got to make sure your tank is spotless.. A hard thing to do in this circumstance..Hopefully they will spawn on a vertical surface the next time..There is always something screwy in the mix breeding discus