PDA

View Full Version : Which Discus to get...

glenwood
12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Well I'm still fairly new to "caring for discus" and I am stuck on which type of strains I should add to my tank. At the moment I have four discus and it was recomned to me to have atleast 6 in a tank to spread out agression.

So I am looking for 2-3 more discus to add to my tank...

I have:
-A Pigeon Blood Discus
-A Snow White Discus
-A Blue Diamond Discus
- metallic blue discus? *not sure on the strain but sold metallic blue*

I really want color and variety, so any suggestions another strain I can add?
*note I do not one 2 of the same strain*

Eddie
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Get a Red Gold Diamond and a Leopard since you dont want 2 of the same. ;)

Eddie

moik
12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I would start off getting the healthy ,non stunted ones first..Then go for the ones that have best body confirmation you like,,Super high body, high body,classic round,,etc..finally the strain/color you like...Plus keep your budget in mind..Theres alot of chioces here with the great sponsors on Simply.. No matter the source QTQTQTQTQT

philip69285
12-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I would take a look at Kennys shipment... very nice variety and the fish are top notch :). I have 8 different discus and adding 3 more :). Just pick what you like but make sure you like them enough to have them for a good 8years LOL.

hedut
12-30-2009, 10:05 PM
take some classic ;) like Blue Turq, Red Turq or AF :D:D:D

Scribbles
12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Lets see...you don't have any Turqs yet or Leopards, or solid red like a Marlboro or Fire Red. Just choose what is healthy and pleases you.

Chris

Tropheus
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Check out Dicus Hans. Stendker Discus are the best in quality in my opinion. Amazing fish and his reputation proceeds him. You will nevr get a bad fish from Hans. Awsome selection and decent prices.

glenwood
12-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Ah mhmm the blue turqs. look amazing I might see about those and the snake skins, I live close to Gulf Coast Discus so I think tomorrow I might pop in and see his store and check out the selection.

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Snakes are sweet, but sometimes they can be a bit dull in the vibrant color category. not always tho. some turks would be nice. I like Eddies suggestion too...RGD and leopard.

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I would take a look at Kennys shipment... very nice variety and the fish are top notch :). I have 8 different discus and adding 3 more :). Just pick what you like but make sure you like them enough to have them for a good 8years LOL.

LOL, or you can be like Hendri and just buy 1 of each! ;):p:p JK Hendri!:D:angel:

zamboniMan
01-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Get what your eye finds appealing. Shop around you'll find something you enjoy. Happy Hunting!

Josh

alpine
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Glenwood, I would strongly recommed you to get the strain you like best, the one that strikes your fancy ! You are going to be dong all the maintenance and work , so enjoy !

Roberto.