PDA

View Full Version : There all gone but the memories.

Big Tuck
12-31-2009, 05:38 PM
It was bitter sweet seeing my fish go but they went to a very very sweet lady.April left this morning with 50 bagged fish and 2 coolers full.I am so happy she decided to take them.I want all the Simply folks to know just how much i appreciate the support you all have shown me.Just saying thank you dosent come close to expressing how i feel in my heart.Ill try and stay in touch,and would love to hear from you all from time to time. VIA CONDIOS Tuck

rickztahone
12-31-2009, 05:41 PM
all we hope is that your health gets better my friend.

brewmaster15
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Tuck,
Don't be a stranger here...you don't need to have discus to call this place home:) ..
Stay well always,
Al

Discus-Hans
12-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Tuck,

this must be terrible, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Hope your health will be good enough to maybe one day to return to this all.

We wish you all the best,

Joanne & Hans
Discus Hans USA

Chad Adams
12-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Tuck,
You will sorely be missed.
Please get well & return. This hobby is poorer in your abscence
Sincerely,
Chad

Moon
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
All the best to you. Hope you get well soon.

Scribbles
12-31-2009, 10:29 PM
I hope that knowing that your discus will be treasured and well cared for gives you some comfort. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Chris

Darren's Discus
01-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Tuck,
wish you all the best,and like Al said you dont need discus to be welcome here !:)

cheers

Eddie
01-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Tuck,
Don't be a stranger here...you don't need to have discus to call this place home:) ..
Stay well always,
Al

Al couldn't have said it better.....

You take care Tuck and I'd love to hear from you from time to time. You can always share your experiences with us here.

Have a great New Year and all the best,

Eddie

traco
01-01-2010, 01:12 AM
So that is where April has gone to!! She said she was in a cold place and heading home soon. Couldn't be a better person to sell to. They will be well looked after.

Sorry to hear about your health, Tuck. Hopefully things shall improve for you.

Mr Wild
01-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Oh Tuck. well you can still type and visit us so please do!!!!

Ben75
01-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Tuck,
I have learned so much from your posts mate,
i wish you well & hope you are back to good health soon.
Kind Regards,

seanyuki
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Tuck......April/Shelley returned back to Vancouver late evening and I was there helping them out......you got very beautiful fish:)very high grade discus too....all the discus are recovering very fast after their long jouney......April did a great job acclimating the discus to their new home.
Hope you have a speedy recovery and be back in the hobby soon.
God bless you and your family.

April
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM
it was a long drive..the discus all made it safely. it was very nice to spend time with you and see all your setup . it was very sad dismantling everything. tuck is a very kind nice man..and his fish are extremely well cared for. they are thick..and strong.
im very grateful tom felt i was worthy of all his fish. i will take excellent care of them and hope i can do justice by them.
\hopefully tom will be moving down closer to civilization soon and his health improves and he can at least have one tank again to enjoy.
thanks again Tom.

kaceyo
01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Tuck,
I'm sure it was hard watching them go, but it had to ease up on your stress levels so now you can focus on your own health issues.
Hope to see you posting here occasionaly to let us know how you're doing.

Kacey

jimmyjoe
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey Tuck, keep in mind that everyone here accepts you as a discus icon that showed some of us on the fine art of artificial rearing. So get your health in check than jump back in when the waters are to your liking. Simply will be here waiting for you and we'll welcome you back with open arms, take care of yourself first good luck.........jim in Ohio

Harriett
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Tuck, I just wanted to add well wishes to this outpouring of warmth I have been reading. A terrifically hard decision I am certain, but more importantly, you have taken the step by being realistic about what you need to focus on and hopefully there is relief in giving the discus up for now; April is very experienced and you can rest easy with your fish in her care---I am so sorry you are experiencing health problems and hope very much you can lick what ails you and stabilize your health and quality of life. This forum is such a caring genuine place, and I want to reiterate that if it helps you at all, you clearly have friends here who wish to support you. You have tremendous knowledge of this hobby, however humble you are, and certainly many of us have learned a great deal from you. Please stay in touch. Peace and best thoughts to you,
Harriett in Chicago

bonsai dave
01-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I got to see Tuck amazing collection of discus today at April's. Wow. Get well soon.

dean9922
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Tuck
Hope all goes well for you and your health gets better. Maybe in a while you can get into just one tank for the enjoyment aspect down the road instead of doing all the hard work which you put into this hobby. However, if I know you, that "one" tank will probably be about a 1000 gallon tank...lol
I just want to let everyone know that Big Tuck is the reason I got back into Discus (& aquariums) again, after a very long break from this hobby. I have some of his fish now and they are all doing very well. Thanks for all the advice you have given to me and all of your help. I'm sure that a lot of the questions at the beginning were probably stupid ones...lol
I do appreciate all the time you took and you never once made me feel stupid.
You knew I was new to the hobby and you always shared your experience very openly.
Keep in touch and take care of yourself, get your health in check.....then get another tank.....
Dean