PDA

View Full Version : Eggs hatched:)

mugzy213
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Now there on the spounge filter is that ok or should I turn it off?

Eddie
01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Now there on the spounge filter is that ok or should I turn it off?

You can turn it down very low using a control valve.

Eddie

mugzy213
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey I put a divider got a control valve in. So my next question is I have a hob filter with a spounge on the intake should I remove the filter?

Thanks

DiscusKev
01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey I put a divider got a control valve in. So my next question is I have a hob filter with a spounge on the intake should I remove the filter?

Thanks

If the holes of the sponge is fine/small enough so that the fry cannot get sucked into the intake, then I don't see a reason of removing the filter :)

mugzy213
01-02-2010, 05:29 PM
So the wigglers seem stuck on the spounge filter. I have the air control valve closed so just tiny bubbles are come out.

Is there anything I should do? Should I Feed them anything ?

This is my first hatching:)

mmorris
01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Did they just go free-swimming? If so, I would put a piece of ladies' nylon stocking over the intake rather than the sponge. Are you using both a hob and a sponge filter?

mugzy213
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
They just hatched this morning. They are all attached to the spounge filter and yeah using a hob as well should I take off the hob?

Do I need to do anything? Or just sit back and watch:)

David Rose
01-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm assuming your HOB intake tube has a pre-filter sponge, but the eggs are on a separate sponge filter sitting on the bottom of your tank? If so, there is nothing to do for the eggs, but like Martha suggested you will want to add a nylon over the pre-filter or intake tube to the HOB to prevent the eggs/3 days later wrigglers/6 days later free swimming fry from getting sucked up inside your HOB.

As for the eggs, the parents need to figure out what to do for now. One or both should be guarding them, fanning the eggs, or mouthing them to keep them warm and clean. They will live off their yolk sacks during the wriggler stage.

Best of luck!

mmorris
01-03-2010, 12:37 AM
When they go free-swimming you might want to lower the level of the water somewhat. You only need one of the filters going, and on attachment day, turn that one way down.