PDA

View Full Version : What fry from this pair?

Fishy knickers
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi, I "think" I have a red turq male, and an albino turq female (please correct me if I'm wrong) ....they have started spawning, but male is still eating eggs...but when they do sort it out...what kind of fry should I expect? Some weird mix or some albino, some standard red turqs?

PS, any tips on stopping the male eating the eggs as soon as they're laid? (like pac-man!!)

Many thanks

Aquaben19
01-03-2010, 11:07 PM
You should have ALL Regular Turqs from this pairing with I believe all fry being Albino gene carriers. Meaning that if brother was bred to sister, thier offspring should be 25% True turqs, 50% albino carriers, 25% Albino. This is all of course we Assume that the Turq male is not carrying the Albino gene.

HTH

rickztahone
01-03-2010, 11:54 PM
that is not an albino, due to the eye. they look good to me though, and should have some great turk fry.

TCT
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Female looks like a checker board pigeon blood.

mmorris
01-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Sometimes albino grape eyes look black in photos. It's tough to see the difference between black and grape sometimes. Do you see any black on the fish? Did you get the fish from a source you trust?

Fishy knickers
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah..she's not an albino...the pupil is black...and she coloured up a violet/blue later on....they're new fish to us- so wasn't sure. Why does she sometimes appear orange and white, then other times like a red turq? Especially when no aquarium lights on?