PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 update: Major problem!!

fishyj
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, Today I had a major problem. I have my 125 gallon challenge tank and had a 45 gallon tank with 7 smaller discus. After cleaning the challenge tank, came my problem. During cleaning, I slipped off my step stool and cracked my 45! After a few seconds, and water going every where, I had no choice but to put them into the 125 to save them.:mad: The worse part of this is the bad timing of it. Buying a new car, in process of purchasing a house, there is not enough cash flow for another tank. Just had the 2 tanks and I did not expect this to happen. The only good parts of this was that I wasn't hurt and these fish have been in quarantine for more than 6 months. At this point I am going to just leave them in this tank for now. I plan on getting rid of all but 3 of these. The plan was to eventually put them into this tank but not so soon!

rickztahone
01-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Well, Today I had a major problem. I have my 125 gallon challenge tank and had a 45 gallon tank with 7 smaller discus. After cleaning the challenge tank, came my problem. During cleaning, I slipped off my step stool and cracked my 45! After a few seconds, and water going every where, I had no choice but to put them into the 125 to save them.:mad: The worse part of this is the bad timing of it. Buying a new car, in process of purchasing a house, there is not enough cash flow for another tank. Just had the 2 tanks and I did not expect this to happen. The only good parts of this was that I wasn't hurt and these fish have been in quarantine for more than 6 months. At this point I am going to just leave them in this tank for now. I plan on getting rid of all but 3 of these. The plan was to eventually put them into this tank but not so soon!

that is quite a predicament, but i am glad you did not get hurt. Just observe them closely for the time being and see if anything changes. keep us posted.

Discus-Hans
01-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Jim, good to hear you came unharmed out of this.

I don't see a real big problem in this, if there would be something wrong, I've never seen problems after 6 months (hope you're not going to be the first) but in 3 days you will know,

Hans

Eddie
01-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Wow, sorry to hear Jim, that sucks about that tank. Good to hear you are okay and no injury. Guess you had to make the move faster but hopefully it will be just fine.

Take care buddy and all the best,

Eddie

Disgirl
01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry Jim, but at least you aren't hurt. Your fish will most likely all be fine. If you should have to separate them, remember that a large Rubbermaid type container can do quite well with a heater and filter and a net type covering, for a long time. May not be beautiful to look at but is a good substitute for a glass tank for awhile.
Barb:)

Scribbles
01-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Glad that you weren't hurt!

Chris

fishyj
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Well at this point everything seems to be doing ok but I am watching them very closely.

calihawker
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm very glad to hear that you and the fish are ok Jim!:) I look forward to seeing the albinos new roommates.;)

GlennR
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Look and/or ask on Craigslist. You might find a tank for free, or almost.