PDA

View Full Version : One year ago today I had a Stroke...

phatdave
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
My anniversary.

A year ago I suffered a stroke. I woke in the middle of the night and had to go the the hospital. I couldn't walk and had double vision..which I had done many times in the past, but that was beer induced,HAHA!

YAY!!!! So all of you,my fishy brothers, watch you Blood Pressure, quit smoking and ease up on the cheese and steak!

I've been away from the Discus for about 4 years and I am starting up a 35 gallon hex I got for Christmas! 2-3 fish will go into it.. I packed 5 gallons of water today to change the goldfish water and it was a bit of a chore. The Discus will be worth it!

:bandana: Dave

joanr
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM
And one year ago today I had some money in the bank, a car that ran, grown up kids that were still married, but no Discus!

Now I'm broke, kids are all divorced and my vehicle was totaled in a hit and run, the driver flipped me off as he drove away and left me with severe whiplash and missing bottom teeth. Lovely.

I now smoke a pack a day, eat a Philly Cheese Steak whenever I can and have a tank full of Discus! I guess life is a series of trade-offs that certainly go easier with some nice fish and a bottle of Merlot.

Glad you made it through the year and hope you get some nice fish soon!

phatdave
01-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Joan, send me one of your fish and Ill send you A pack of smokes a Philly Cheesesteak and a bottle of Barefoot Merlot.

And Joan, quit the acronyms okay? ;>)

David Rose
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
You two are hilarious! Great attitudes...focus on your discus and they'll keep you positive in the face of life's l>ull$hit.

Elite Aquaria
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Dave,

Welcome back buddy...