PDA

View Full Version : A Hello and Thank You!

Merlin1066
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Everyone!,
just wanted to thank you ALL for the TONS of info here on SD. I have been lurking for a few days now just reading and rereading. Wow! my head is literally spinning. I have been thinking about starting a Discus tank for years now and I may actually do it this time, now that I have a good place to get answers to the million questions I have bouncing in my head :bounce2:
I must say I found a lot of answers but now even more questions! If I get stuck along the way you will be the first to know. Anyway, Thanks Everybody!!

Mark

philip69285
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Welcome to Simply!!! Just make sure to get your discus from a good source... a sponser on here is your best bet and you are good to go. Just feed them annd give them clean water and they will be more then happy :).

Merlin1066
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM
That is the plan. It will take me a few months to get there but when I do it will be perfect. I'm going to start monitoring our water supply now during the cold months then into spring. (I'm in NJ) I know for a fact the town changes chemicals between summer and winter. I don't want ANY suprises!

Scribbles
01-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Welcome to SD! This is a great community for support and tons of info.

Chris

Eddie
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Welcome Mark and hope you get everything you need from the board! Its the one stop-discus shop!

Take care buddy,

Eddie

roclement
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Hello and welcome!

I am in Central Jersey, lot of us here! Lots of good discus sources in our area and from all over the country with the sponsors here! Good luck with your upcoming new tank!

Rodrigo

Merlin1066
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Rodrigo!,
nice to hear I have a neighbor here on SD! Also nice to hear there are suppliers around us too. I have been checking out our local fish stores and they are nothing to speak of when looking for Discus. They either don't carry them OR they don't look very healthy. (I have been using the guides here can you tell) :D That was to be one of my down the road questions, I can check it off the list!

Mark

calihawker
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Welcome Mark! You came to the right place to get it going. I started out the same way a couple years ago and it's been one success after another thanks to the good folks here. :)

zamboniMan
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome! You've found the best discus place on the web. Good luck. My advice as far as your water goes is to get an RO unit to ease your worries. You can find decent ones on ebay for cheap.

Also Discus Hans is close to you so you might try him (see the sponsors section)

Good Luck!
Josh

Elite Aquaria
01-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Welcome to Simply...There is a lot of info if you have the time to research otherwise just ask...