PDA

View Full Version : New wilds

darbex
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I am about to order in some new wilds and wanted to know what does everyone do to treat them in order to be ready for my show tank.

hedut
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I am about to order in some new wilds and wanted to know what does everyone do to treat them in order to be ready for my show tank.

I'm not an expert with wild,but I just got my heckels and I do extra quarantine:). I do like two month quarantine give some PP, prazi and antibiotic to and after that see how's they go :)

MarkPulawski
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
The ones I got from Snookin21 were perfect and aggresively feeding from day 1, no QT, 8 months later they are all doing great. Unless you have an established group you are putting them in with I would plop them right in the tank.
Mark

darbex
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I have an established group of five that I want to add to. So I wanted to make sure they are clean and wont infect them. I just didnt know what meds I should treat them with for internal and external issues. I was thinking of ordering some from Snook

Jhhnn
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I have no experience with wilds, but the usual quarantine methods should apply, if not moreso. I'd check with snook to see what they've done with the fish in question- if they haven't been de-wormed, it'd probably be a good idea.

darbex
01-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Well I ordered the 2 Tefe greens he has. He told me to contact his father on what/if they treat them.