PDA

View Full Version : Jan 20 update

acroken
01-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey all,
Here is an update on the challenge discus. Everything has been pretty much the same. Daily w/c of 80% and feedings 5 to 6 x a day. My girlfriend has taken over the maintenance and feedings until i recover. I think i have a lot of males in this bunch as they seem to like my girl better then me:D I have not been feeding much b/h mix since i can not make it and would never ask anyone to do that for me. I have switched to flakes, pellets and frozen for awhile. I have noticed a drop off in there color since the switch, but that will come back once they are accustomed to their new diet. It has kept my tanks much cleaner too with no b/h. These pictures were taken before the morning 6:30 am w/c so the tank is a bit dirty and their color is not so full as they are just waking up.

Pictures by Natalia
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2310-2.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2314.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2316.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2318.jpg

DiscusKev
01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the update, they are gorgous!
Hope you recover as fast as possible, and hopefully get a pair or more out of that group :)
All the best to you Acroken.

fishyj
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Kenny, The fish are looking good. Hope you recover soon.

wgtaylor
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Kenny
Your discus look great, pics tank and all. Your girlfriend is doing a great job.
Hope you recover soon.
Take care
Bill

calihawker
01-20-2010, 03:13 PM
They really look beautiful Kenny! Get well my friend.:)

dan1
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
They look great. We all hope you get well soon.

Take care,

Darren's Discus
01-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Big round healthy discus,great job !

cheers

Scribbles
01-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Your discus look fantastic! Get well soon.

Chris

Eddie
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM
They are gorgeous Kenny! So super nice! Great pictures Natalia!

Awesome work my friend and your girlfriend is doing some good things too!

All the best,

Eddie

Disgirl
01-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Beautiful discus! What a girlfriend you have Kenny, she's doing a great job and is also a photographer I see! Get well soon!
Barb:)

Ed13
01-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Looking Good!

BTW, no disrespect but I kinsda like Natalia's pictures better:o:p:p:D
j/k Take care

Jhhnn
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Your fish are stunning examples of how to do it right- absolutely magnificent.

Take care of yourself and heal up quickly. I've had some back trouble myself, not to the point of needing surgery, so I sympathize entirely. Once you're well enough, work with your healthcare provider about exercise therapy. It's made a world of difference for me in the long run. I'm not fond of exercise for it's own sake, but I am fond of the results...

acroken
01-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the update, they are gorgous!
Hope you recover as fast as possible, and hopefully get a pair or more out of that group :)
All the best to you Acroken.Thanks Kev. It is looking like two pair are forming. I am doing everything possible to hold them back from spawning for now.

Hi Kenny, The fish are looking good. Hope you recover soon.Thanks Jim, i am feeling a little better since he last treatment and looking forward to the next one.

Hi Kenny
Your discus look great, pics tank and all. Your girlfriend is doing a great job.
Hope you recover soon.
Take care
Bill I am a lucky man to have a girl like her:D Thanks Bill

rickztahone
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2316.jpg

this one in the middle towards the top is by far my favorite, that's a big boy :D

kirkp
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Hey Kenny. Glad you're feeling better. Also, the fish are looking very, very good.

Kirk

Cooldadddyfunk286
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM
hey Ken, glad things are lookin up and your startin to feel better! I love the pics...I cant get over how big and uniform and beautiful that group is. I know nothing is PERFECT, but you grew yours out as close to perfect as it gets IMO. Keep it up bro! take care, I hope you feel better my friend. :)

acroken
01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
They are gorgeous Kenny! So super nice! Great pictures Natalia!

Awesome work my friend and your girlfriend is doing some good things too!

All the best,

Eddie Thanks Eddie, they are adjusted to the dry food now and color is back. you will see in my next post the difference:D

Beautiful discus! What a girlfriend you have Kenny, she's doing a great job and is also a photographer I see! Get well soon!
Barb:)Barb, she is the best! everything she does is perfect! when i approach the tank now they look right around me looking for her.lol Thanks Barb

Looking Good!

BTW, no disrespect but I kinsda like Natalia's pictures better:o:p:p:D
j/k Take careLOL, so do i. Thanks Pal

Your fish are stunning examples of how to do it right- absolutely magnificent.

Take care of yourself and heal up quickly. I've had some back trouble myself, not to the point of needing surgery, so I sympathize entirely. Once you're well enough, work with your healthcare provider about exercise therapy. It's made a world of difference for me in the long run. I'm not fond of exercise for it's own sake, but I am fond of the results... Thanks John, after my next treatment i am scheduled to start therapy. I am hoping to get my core strong enough to eliminate the need for any more surgeries. Thank you very much for the kind words.

MRQuad
01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
hey, i hope you have fully recovered..

as what the other posters mentioned.. your fish are doing great, i can tell by the picture.. and man, they are fat and healthy!

keep it up!