PDA

View Full Version : Moving discus to another tank

ilaizm
01-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Physically and stress wise how much would a discus suffer when it is caught in a net and put in another tank with same water parameters

Finatic
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
It really shouldnt be too hard on them if your water is same temp and parameters. Just make sure they are indeed as close as you can.

Make sure your net is big enough to easily and safely capture your discus, and once you get them netted, dont let them flop around in the net too much. I usually would then gently hold them in my hand once netted to keep them from moving too much and injurying themself. Gently and slowly put them in the new tank, and make sure they can quickly swim out of the net once they are in their new home.

Good luck!

Eddie
01-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Depends on how you handle it and if the water is matching. Plus the new environment will take time to adjust and if there are other inhabitants (like other discus), they may get pestered.

Eddie

Scribbles
01-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Depends on how you handle it and if the water is matching. Plus the new environment will take time to adjust and if there are other inhabitants (like other discus), they may get pestered.

Eddie

I agree 100%. If you don't want to net them you can lower the water level in the tank and catch them in a small bucket.

Chris