PDA

View Full Version : When will my juvenile dicus come into their adult color?

Jen
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Hello,
I have 6 juvenile discus in a 54 g, They are all doing well...5 of them are about 6 months old, and most of them have started showing good adult color...my snakeskin still hasn't started showing much, and i have read that some strains will not show adult coloring till they are at least 12 months old, is this one of those strains? I am new to the Hobby so any information would be greatly appreciated :)
Jen

DiscusKev
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Hello,
I have 6 juvenile discus in a 54 g, They are all doing well...5 of them are about 6 months old, and most of them have started showing good adult color...my snakeskin still hasn't started showing much, and i have read that some strains will not show adult coloring till they are at least 12 months old, is this one of those strains? I am new to the Hobby so any information would be greatly appreciated :)
Jen

Hi Jen

Yes, you are correct. Snakeskin strain tend to develop much slower than the other strains. I have not kept any snakeskin strain before but I would say that they will start to show their adult colour once they reach 12+ months, you could check out the time-line growth on Stendkers website; there's a lot of strains available to see on Stendkers new website.

Heres the link
http://diskus.vs121046.hl-users.com/gb/308,0,colour-shades,index,0.html

hope this helps,
DiscusKev

mmorris
01-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I raised snakeskins, and they colored up at about the same time as the turqs. I don't remember how old they were - probably less than 6 months though. It is an individual thing, too. Some color up later than others.

Jen
01-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you so much for the link.......Great Info :)
I also have in my tank :
Pearl Flame Dragon (just looked like a peach circle when i got her, she is looking quite brilliant now)
A Red Leopard, A Checkerboard Turquoise, and I think a Cobalt(im not sure though)
and a 1 month old Snakeskin of some sort, wont know for awhile though
Once again , thank you for all the info
Jen