PDA

View Full Version : artificial c02 turbo bio system?

derpers1
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
anyone know how to get it working? i do all the steps and put it in my powerhead...and nothing happens..please help!

Chad Hughes
01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
anyone know how to get it working? i do all the steps and put it in my powerhead...and nothing happens..please help!

Well, what are you looking for in regards to operation?

The only thing that should happen is that your power head flow should be littered with air bubbles. Other than that, the only way to tell if the system is intorducing CO2 is to watch for a drop in Ph.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes.

derpers1
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
the bubbles are not coming out of the powerhead is what I meant

Chad Hughes
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM
the bubbles are not coming out of the powerhead is what I meant

Well, that is a sealed system. The power head's venuri should gently pull air from the canister. If there is no air to pull from the canister, you will see no bubbles. That being said, if the mixture in the canister is new, it may not be producing CO2 yet. Sometimes this takes 12 hours or so. Another issue to consider with yeast systems is that the water added to the mix should be around 100 to 120 degrees. This is required to activate the yeast.

Without active yeast, there will be little or no reaction in the canister and your system will be trying to pull gas that is not there. The venturi of the powerhead is not powerful enough to draw the canister in to negative pressure.