PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Scripts from a Vet?

bs6749
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I was just wondering if any of you have gone to a vet in order to get a script to be filled at a pharmacy. If so, was the vet good about getting you a script and did you have to prove that you needed what you were looking for?

I am wanting to get a script for Metronidazole from the vet and then take that to be filled at a pharmacy because I can get it much cheaper and quicker. I'm just wondering if I will need to provide a fecal sample to the vet before he/she will write me a script. I'm also curious as to how much they may charge for this. Thank you for any help relating to your experience doing such a thing.

broken poles
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Just go to jehmco.com. No prescription needed. But you will have fill out a non diversion form, and they are much cheaper than the LFS. I have ordered there a couple times and they were great to work with.

kirkp
01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
I've done this with two different vets. The first one asked virtually no questions. The second asked a few to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Neither time did I need to take in a fecal sample. REally very simple to pull off.

Kirk

bs6749
01-26-2010, 11:49 PM
I've done this with two different vets. The first one asked virtually no questions. The second asked a few to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Neither time did I need to take in a fecal sample. REally very simple to pull off.

Kirk

Hey Kirk, did you have to pay anything or did they just write a script? Thanks for the info.

-Bryan

bs6749
01-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, it took one visit to one vet (wouldn't give me a script but would sell them to me???) and two phone calls to two different local vets but I did end up getting my script for free. Even phoned the script in for me so I didn't have to pick it up. She was a discus lover too, so I guess that helped a lot. She will be getting my business when I need it in the future. Very nice and helpful lady.