PDA

View Full Version : whos going to the olympics??

April
01-27-2010, 03:52 AM
anyone? about 2 weeks to go . the torch is going to be going right by my shop. anyone coming to vancouver..stop on by .

Rod
01-27-2010, 04:07 AM
I'll be watching on tv April, best seat in the house! :) Make sure you wave as the torch goes by, i'll be keeping an eye out for you..lol. Hows the snow over there atm, got plenty?

seanyuki
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
The weather forcast....no snow in Vancouver....this winter only snowed once like 1/2 hour lol.....plenty of sunshine here......perhaps needs to retitle some events.....cross country running carrying ski on their backs hehehh:D

April
01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
lol francis..they are making snow on cypress mountain..the only mountain with concerns. freestyle and snowboarding there..
whistler mountain where all the cool stuff is happening is fine. luge, bobsled, aerial jumping, skating rinks are all good..
Rodney..dont think you will see me in the crowd. lol. ill take pics though hows that. ill be out there..too bad they arent going right by my shop..they will be at the corner. my shops half a block away.
we are in a very mild winter..last winter we were burined..but people couldnt get around. im doing my snowdance daily. im sure we will get a cold streak.

aquaman71
01-27-2010, 10:04 PM
going to attend a few events in person... hockey, curling, and figure skating. my friends are unable to go with each other so one will take me while the other stays home with the kids. i declined bobsleighing because you see a split second of the athletes :)

i actually got to touch one of the olympic torches. it wasn't lit of course - the lady had it in a bag and was transporting it to its next destination. i keep forgetting they have many torches.