PDA

View Full Version : albino goldensXRSG

fishkeeper59
02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello all, i thought i would share what i have been working with. I finally got to a point now where my F1's Albino's(actually Phillip Ng's)intermediate's have had a successful batch, they are the @ 2nd day of free swimming and have attached to the parents. parents are rsgxalb.golden and snowwhitexalb.golden. from what have observed the albino true f1's are alot more fragile and slower in growing than my previous regular strained discus. i will attempt to post pics. enjoy...

kaceyo
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Congrats on your albino's. I've read that sometimes, with a mixed spawn of both albino and non-albino fry, It helps to remove some of the non-alb fry to give the albs a better chance at competing with their larger stronger siblings.
Good luck,

Kacey

fishkeeper59
02-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Hey Kaceyo, thanks for the info., they are in the 3rd day of free swimming now and i do notice the albino babies are smaller and weaker, i'm afraid i would have to wait a few more days to try to seperate the babies from each other. I'm a little reluctant as i have never had albino crosses before, hopefully within the next few days there would still be some albino babies to seperate from the brood, or is it just better to seperate them from the parents?

kaceyo
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
You want to leave them with the parents, but reduce the amount of competition with the faster growing non-albino fry. If there are enough albino fry, you could give each type to one of the parents to raise in separate tanks. Or sacrifice a large number of non-albino's to give the albs a better chance. It depends on how badly you want the albino fry.
Hpefully someone that has raised mixed batches will come along and offer some practical advice, as I'm just relating what I've read.

Kacey