PDA

View Full Version : Tough Times

Darren's Discus
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi,
thought i would just post to say that i have not been as active as i would like due to alot going on in my life,My father was diagnosed about 6 months ago with Lewy Body dementia and has been very bad lately,I have just seperated with my partner of 8 years and have to sell our house and pack up my fishroom until i know where i'm going,So i really have not been doing to much with my discus lately.It really is great to have simply to visit and forget about life for a while !

cheers

Eddie
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi,
thought i would just post to say that i have not been as active as i would like due to alot going on in my life,My father was diagnosed about 6 months ago with Lewy Body dementia and has been very bad lately,I have just seperated with my partner of 8 years and have to sell our house and pack up my fishroom until i know where i'm going,So i really have not been doing to much with my discus lately.It really is great to have simply to visit and forget about life for a while !

cheers

I'm sorry to hear the news Darren. We are blessed to have you around and hoping that the future brings good things to you.

Take care and see you on the board!

Eddie

brewmaster15
02-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Darren,
As always...this forum is there for you mate...Hang in there...Better times are ahead for you I am sure.

Take care of yourself, and definetly spend alot of time here when you can.:)

-al

Darren's Discus
02-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear the news Darren. We are blessed to have you around and hoping that the future brings good things to you.

Take care and see you on the board!

Eddie
Thanks Eddie.

Darren,
As always...this forum is there for you mate...Hang in there...Better times are ahead for you I am sure.

Take care of yourself, and definetly spend alot of time here when you can.:)

-al
Cheers Al

Disgirl
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Wishing you well in the coming times Darren. Discus and all your friends here will be waiting for your return. Visit us here often!
Barb

Rod
02-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Darren, for both your father and yourself. I was only thinking recently that you have been a little quiet and wondered what was going on. Things may not look so good right now, but keep your chin up mate, things are bound to come your way in time.

Rod

Darren's Discus
02-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Wishing you well in the coming times Darren. Discus and all your friends here will be waiting for your return. Visit us here often!
Barb
Thanks Barb,i'm not going any where !

Sorry to hear that Darren, for both your father and yourself. I was only thinking recently that you have been a little quiet and wondered what was going on. Things may not look so good right now, but keep your chin up mate, things are bound to come your way in time.

Rod
Cheers mate,will be in Brissie in a couple of weeks for AC/DC hope we can catch up ?

cheers

Scribbles
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well for you or your father. Try to keep your chin up. We are here for you.

Chris

Elite Aquaria
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Darren,

Sorry to hear about the news...Tough times always make us stronger in the end. Hard to see it now but hang in there buddy.

GrillMaster
02-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi ya Darren. Sorry to hear about your troubled times mate! I am sure things will get better for you soon...

Take Care

LizStreithorst
02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I went through some of that myself in late 2008. It was BIDKA that helped keep me sane. God knows, I pissed and moaned a lot via pm. It took over a year, but I'm finally feeling more normal. Life can be very hard. Be strong and do your best. Things will turn around.

TankWatcher
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Darren, so sorry all this is happening. Will keep you in my thoughts. Seems tough now, but eventually things get better.

I can relate to what you're going through. Before they both passed away, my mum had Alzheimer's and dad had dementia

Been through the marriage break-up & selling up of the home too ...... but about to celebrate 15 yrs in my 2nd marriage - coming up in March ..... so yes, there are still good things to look forward to in your future ..... just have to get through the tough times now.

Harriett
02-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Darren, my heart goes out to you. My father in law had Lewey Body and Alzheimers. Very rough. Very glad you are reaching out for support, it's hard to get through this sort of trauma without folks who can and will rally around you. Glad you are on SD, awfully good folks here.
My sympathies and best regards,
Harriett

Ardan
02-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Darren,
Really sorry to hear of the tough times. I know you will pull through with time.

Its really good to hear from you!

Ardan

Darren's Discus
02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well for you or your father. Try to keep your chin up. We are here for you.

Chris
Cheers Chris

Darren,

Sorry to hear about the news...Tough times always make us stronger in the end. Hard to see it now but hang in there buddy.
Thanks Dan.

Hi ya Darren. Sorry to hear about your troubled times mate! I am sure things will get better for you soon...

Take Care
thanks Mark

I went through some of that myself in late 2008. It was BIDKA that helped keep me sane. God knows, I pissed and moaned a lot via pm. It took over a year, but I'm finally feeling more normal. Life can be very hard. Be strong and do your best. Things will turn around.
Liz,it's great to have a place like simply

Darren, so sorry all this is happening. Will keep you in my thoughts. Seems tough now, but eventually things get better.

I can relate to what you're going through. Before they both passed away, my mum had Alzheimer's and dad had dementia

Been through the marriage break-up & selling up of the home too ...... but about to celebrate 15 yrs in my 2nd marriage - coming up in March ..... so yes, there are still good things to look forward to in your future ..... just have to get through the tough times now.
Robyn thank's for your thoughts.

Darren, my heart goes out to you. My father in law had Lewey Body and Alzheimers. Very rough. Very glad you are reaching out for support, it's hard to get through this sort of trauma without folks who can and will rally around you. Glad you are on SD, awfully good folks here.
My sympathies and best regards,
Harriett
Harriet,I had never heard of Lewy Body till Dad was diagnosed with it,I would not wish it on my worst enemy thankyou for your thoughts.

Darren,
Really sorry to hear of the tough times. I know you will pull through with time.

Its really good to hear from you!

Ardan

Cheers Ardan.

David Rose
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Darren, I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know you as of yet, but certainly can appreciate the tough times and having everything up in the air. All I can say is...keep busy...and keep positive!

Best wishes for your new beginnings!

Rod
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks Barb,i'm not going any where !

Cheers mate,will be in Brissie in a couple of weeks for AC/DC hope we can catch up ?

cheers

For sure Darren, be good to see you again.

ac/dc mate! how good is that. I missed out on tickets, sold out very fast. Trying to win some on the radio atm, triple m are giving them away :D Went and seen The Angels recently, what a great concert that was. :)

AmberC
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey Darren,

Not sure what made me pop back in here as I haven't been here in a while, but I am glad I did. I have been going through some difficult times myself. Things will get better though! Keep your chin up and keep a positive attitude and everything will just bounce off you! I'll keep you in my prayers hun.

Amber

Darren's Discus
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi Darren, I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know you as of yet, but certainly can appreciate the tough times and having everything up in the air. All I can say is...keep busy...and keep positive!

Best wishes for your new beginnings!
Thanks David

For sure Darren, be good to see you again.

ac/dc mate! how good is that. I missed out on tickets, sold out very fast. Trying to win some on the radio atm, triple m are giving them away :D Went and seen The Angels recently, what a great concert that was. :)
Mate,really looking forward to Ac/Dc if i hear of any spare tickets will let you know.

cheers

Hey Darren,

Not sure what made me pop back in here as I haven't been here in a while, but I am glad I did. I have been going through some difficult times myself. Things will get better though! Keep your chin up and keep a positive attitude and everything will just bounce off you! I'll keep you in my prayers hun.

Amber

Thankyou so much Amber,hope things get better for you as well.

Discus-Hans
02-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Sorry to hear about this all Darren, they some times say the deeper you go, the stronger you get out of it, hope you're out of it soon buddy,

Hans

Darren's Discus
02-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear about this all Darren, they some times say the deeper you go, the stronger you get out of it, hope you're out of it soon buddy,

Hans

Cheers Hans,one thing i know is one day i will make it to your place !

TankWatcher
02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Darren

I hope you are going ok and coping as best you can with all this chaos surrounding you. AC/DC concert will surely be at least a great diversion for a few hours. Would have loved that one, myself!

In the scheme of things, I know that a fish room doesn't really count for much - it's the people that count ..... but still, I can't help but mourn the loss of that beautiful fish room of yours.

One day, you will be sure to build one that's even better, along with a better future too

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Cheers Hans,one thing i know is one day i will make it to your place !

Hey you do that and you better look me up mate...I'm only a few hours North.:):):):)

-al

whitedevil
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Darren, dont know you but keep your chin up, partners arent supposed to come and go but things happen, I feel for your father, my grandfather(vietnam survivor 4 tours) had a massive heart attack two saturdays ago, the worst kind a cardio doc wants to see(stints lasted 18 years wow) one stint collapsed and he bled out for 12 hours cause of meds. Its amazing how one minute things are "normal" then the next our lives are turned upside down.

whatever happens it happens for a reason, we all survive these things and makes us quite stronger. good luck with your endevors and say Hi to the bush country for me.

Darren's Discus
04-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Thought I would post a pic of my father Richard Burgess who passed away last tuesday 15th April after a long battle wit Lewy Body Dementia.
R.I.P Dad.

Second Hand Pat
04-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Darren, really sorry to hear about your dad. :( Hugs and prayers to you and the family.
Pat

blueluv
04-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Sorry about your father :( . I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus-Hans
04-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear.

Rest in Peace Mr. Richard!!

Hans

Pancho
04-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Darren, really sorry to hear about your dad. :( Hugs and prayers to you and the family.
Pat
+1

pcsb23
04-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Mate, my condolences. RIP dad.

MKD
04-25-2014, 08:08 AM
RIP and God bless.

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»

Sandy Clay
04-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Oh, no...so sorry to hear of your father's passing. He is at peace now , singing with the angels. My mom passed 2 years ago in February and I know she is still with me every day~