PDA

View Full Version : Big Spawn!

scottthomas
02-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I messed up and killed off the first three spawns of this pair (accidentally added cold water in a water change) They just had a big spawn and hopefully I will be more careful this time.
http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac213/peggythomas05/?action=view&current=048.flv

rickztahone
02-13-2010, 06:09 PM
my favorite pair of yours! they look awesome and i like the coaxing you did to get them over to the Mom (i believe).

Eddie
02-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Love that pair Scott! Really sorry to hear about the loss of the other 3 spawns. Did you lose the oldest spawn as well? :(

Great video and all the best,

Eddie

scottthomas
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I had about 150 fry from 3 spawns in a row growing out in a 55. I put the pair back into a group tank for a rest. The largest fry were only about 2 months old. I guess about a month ago I refilled after a wc but forgot I had unplugged the heater to the water storage. They did not survive the 55 degree water. I discovered my mistake a few hours too late. I felt really bad.

I just recently moved these back to spawn again. I am eager to see if they will grow out to be some nice turks I hope.

I need to focus on one or two pair- I guess I am trying too much with 5 pair spawning and limited space. Im not great at multi -tasking, thats when the mistakes occur: water spills, heaters unplugged, wrong valve opened, drain closed, forget salt in brine shrimp hatching, etc. etc. lol

Eddie
02-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I had about 150 fry from 3 spawns in a row growing out in a 55. I put the pair back into a group tank for a rest. The largest fry were only about 2 months old. I guess about a month ago I refilled after a wc but forgot I had unplugged the heater to the water storage. They did not survive the 55 degree water. I discovered my mistake a few hours too late. I felt really bad.

I just recently moved these back to spawn again. I am eager to see if they will grow out to be some nice turks I hope.

I need to focus on one or two pair- I guess I am trying too much with 5 pair spawning and limited space. Im not great at multi -tasking, thats when the mistakes occur: water spills, heaters unplugged, wrong valve opened, drain closed, forget salt in brine shrimp hatching, etc. etc. lol

Oh, I hear you brother, just flooded my spare room! Guess I know what I'll be doing this Valentines Day. :(

Eddie

KEWX
02-13-2010, 10:46 PM
NEAT VIDEO!!!!!

hedut
02-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Nice Scott and beautiful pair. keep the date :D:D:D:D

kaceyo
02-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I love vids with lots of fry on the parents. You should get some excellent offspring from that pair.

Kacey

Scribbles
02-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Beautiful pair! Best of luck with the youngsters.

Chris

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM

Man, I wish I had 5 pair spawning! lol, hell...I wish I could get 1 pair spawning! LOL. but I hear ya on the multi tasking thing, thats not one of my strong points either. I cant even tell you how many times Iv overflowed my tanks with the python...trying to do to many things at once. story of my life LOL.

great pair, very very nice.

take care. :)

David Rose
02-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Scott...great looking pair!

Kenny's Discus
02-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Scott,

Great job and your video captures them very well! Love how they would protect their babies from your hand...they have strong parental instinct! Should produce some great frys for you. Hope all goes well with this new spawn. Again very well done my friend.:)

Kenny

Eddie
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey there Scott, how's the pups doing? Any updates?

Eddie

scottthomas
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
They are still growing Ill post a pic tomorrow. Thanks for asking