PDA

View Full Version : Help required!

satt71
02-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi

I have a 180 G tank and it has been running for the last 1 year or so and the water parameters are fine, PH good, heat at 84 etc.

Off late I came to see that one of the adult that I had stands in a corner, head pointed a bit low and wagging its back or tail. This happens only for sometime and then he becomes ok and moves around. I thought this was Okay and he was eating fine and does not show any other symptoms. Today, i found one of my blue diamond doing the same.

Should I be worried about this. If there is anything I have do to rectify this...let me know plz.

Harriett
02-15-2010, 10:59 AM
If these 2 fish are otherwise behaving normally, i.e. eating, swimming, pooping, color ok, moving around the rest of the tank and not hiding, then what you are describing sounds like potential mating behaviour--they shimmy their bodies and tails at the one they are smitten with, as an invitation to prompt breeding behaviour. How old are these fish?
Best regards,
Harriett

satt71
02-15-2010, 11:07 AM
They are around 15-18 months old

The blue diamond is a male and is a pair with White butterfly.

The mating shake is a bit diffrent as they shake a bit in intervals of time.

This behaviour that I am saying is a bit like swaying the whole back part. I had not seen anything like this. I had been having discus for 10 + years now. I want to understand if this something new.

brewmaster15
02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi, Could you post some pics of the fish in question?

Thanks,
Al