PDA

View Full Version : My fish

Steve_Gurule
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi all, time to post some pics of my fish. I got these from Kenny last August. They are about 10 months old and 6 to 6 1/4 TL. I have 2 WB, 1 WB scorpion throwback and one checker board pidgon. I started with 7 but I lost 3, one due to extreme bloat, one due to a nitrite spike and the other one was my fault. So I only have 4, guess I have to get some more fish from Kenny.

Steve_Gurule
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
few more pics

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I like those a whole lot man. Im jealous! I wish I had more of forrests pigeons. they are hardy, quick growing, beautiful fish. I love them.

I need some white scorps and WBs. ;):D

Organic Farmer
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Very nice,You ve done a great job with them.

Eddie
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Beautiful discus Steve! This pigeon is show quality IMO.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52929&d=1266266367

Take care!

Eddie

Steve_Gurule
02-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys, I am hoping that the large WB looses the orange tint as it matures. The
beautiful WB that moik just got from Forrest and Kenny is a show stopper in my opinion. I am hoping mine will look like that.

Tapout_mma
02-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Look healthy and excellent shape on those guys!

Jason

scottthomas
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Youve done an outstanding job growing those out. Congratulations

Scribbles
02-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Beautiful discus! You've done an excellent job with them.

Chris

Steve_Gurule
02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Thank you everone! I am hoping to get a pair out these four, I have never tried to breed discus before.

Yassmeena
02-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Wow Steve! Amazing!!!!!

I love each and everyone! For pigeon lines, they hardly show any pepper, and it seems you have them in a planted tank (?)!

What are you feeding them, they seem very well nourished to say the least!!!!! :D

Yasmin

Steve_Gurule
02-20-2010, 01:01 AM
OK, now you all went and encouraged me, now I've got to post more pics. These were taken with strong sunlight shinning through the tank producing a translucent effect.

What are you feeding them, they seem very well nourished to say the least!!!!! :D

Yasmin

I feed them beefheart and lots of bio-gold pellets.

Jstuver
02-20-2010, 02:44 AM
I really like those last two pics! Nice fish:)

Kenny's Discus
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Steve,

Time flew my friend! They have grown very nicely under your care. You definitely did a great job. Hope they will start pairing for you soon.

Thanks for the pics I thoroughly enjoyed them.:)

Kenny

Steve_Gurule
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
I really like those last two pics! Nice fish:)

Thank you

Steve,

Time flew my friend! They have grown very nicely under your care. You definitely did a great job. Hope they will start pairing for you soon.

Thanks for the pics I thoroughly enjoyed them.:)

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! I love these fish, I have had the discus fever for many years but have always maneged to control it with good doses of failure and disappointment. I have never had what I would call a successfully grow out of juvies, always ending up with stunted fish or a die off from some unknown illness. Even this group is not a total success for me, I lost my best one, the scorpion carnation, he was going to be a trophy. I want to thank you and Forest for providing top of the line healthy fish at an affordable price that enables us to have a great chance at achieving big vibrant beautiful fish! I am feeling the fever again.