PDA

View Full Version : Question on Discus Set up

giangtbacg
02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
hi i have a 75 gallon set up with bare bottom for easy cleaning and a big drift wood in there with 10 discus ranage from 1.5-3.5 (think they are piegon blood) there are some scare one always hide while the other 7-8 will come up to me looking for food when i stand at the tank so I wonder what can I do to make the black spot on the PB go always. should i add in gravel or sand??? need some tips please.

tdiscusman
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi giangtbacg,

The one that are hiding maybe sick. You can fill out a questionnaire in the disease section, to see if anyone can help. As for reducing the black spots (pepper) on the Pigeon Blood, try painting the bottom and back of the aquarium white color (or light blue) may help.

Tony

exv152
02-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Do you have a picture you can post?

giangtbacg
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
sry i don't have picture of them yet but could take some tomorrow. thank you for the info Tony. I don't think it sick I think those two keep get bully by others since they will come out for food when i feed and hide when they done

zamboniMan
02-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe seperate out some of the agressors to a different tank and see if that helps. One way to help with the peppering is to use a light background and substrate (or paint the tank bottom). From what I've read white paint works the best for this.

Josh

giangtbacg
02-19-2010, 08:23 PM
i just set up my other 30 gallon tank and move the 2 that got bully into it and this what happen the whole day i been watch them clearly. the one got bully alot turn around bully the fish with it now so i'm about to move the one got bully back into with other fish since he/she was doing fine with it. more reply will help alot. ty