PDA

View Full Version : Live Worms

Blue Ram
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I picked up some live "black worms" from a local retailer recently. My discus have never had them and boy do they love them. Couple of questions - these worms are not "black" but rather a reddish brown colour. Would these be a different type of worm? Also, is it necessary to rinse with dechlorinated water. I was told that tap water is fine. With daily rinsing, what are the signs that the worms should not be fed any longer and disposed of? Thanks in advance,

Gunner11
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I picked up some live "black worms" from a local retailer recently. My discus have never had them and boy do they love them. Couple of questions - these worms are not "black" but rather a reddish brown colour. Would these be a different type of worm? Also, is it necessary to rinse with dechlorinated water. I was told that tap water is fine. With daily rinsing, what are the signs that the worms should not be fed any longer and disposed of? Thanks in advance,

I have been feeding my discus live black worms for quite some time and they are also reddish color...not sure on that one. Anyways, tap water is fine..I rinse them once a day and change the water with very cold tap water and no dechlorinator...and kept in the refridgerator. They will live quite awhile in these conditions...however when you rinse them and the ones that are stray and not in the clump with the rest of them I discard....and the whitish ones too which usually float to the top.

stephcps
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
There is always quite a lively discussion about black worms and Discus. Just do a thread search for blackworms and you will find more than you ever wanted to know!!

My fish love them too!