PDA

View Full Version : obsessed with Simply?? too much free time?! ;)

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
ok, so since I lost my job about a month ago, I have been spending LOTS of time online here at Simply LOL. sometimes Ill just sit here and read and read and read, even when theres not many new posts. refresh button, the works LOL.

I've never been so consumed by a website! anyone else??!! ;):D:D:D

dont lie. ;)

take care guys and gals.

William Palumbo
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Jason, me too!...Been out of work for longer than I care to admit, and find myself on here more than ever. Glad I am not the only one!...I am addicted to the New Post button myself...Bill

Dkarc@Aol.com
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow, we can start a small club here on Simply!! I recently graduated college and moved home, no job just yet. Working on it though...

-Ryan

Jason K.
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
i'm with ya guy's, been out of work for quite some time myself went from full time carpenter to full time fish keeper. kinda like a stay at home dad.:) works out kinda had the time to build all my tank stand's...

brewmaster15
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Add me to the list guys....Obviously I spend a bit of time on the forum...Obsessed is an under statement.;)

Also doing the job crawl here...Haven't had much luck in the Biology/science sector these days in CT that sector has crashed and Burned...thankfully I am a jack of several trades and I switch hats as needed.......:(. Hope things turn around for you guys.

-al

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
glad to see Im not the only one either! LOL. Im hoping to get this job at a local hydroponics shop in town. ;):D:D wish me luck fellas! :)

Eddie
02-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Completely and utterly, most definitely entangled. :D

underwaterforest
02-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Unemployed for too long due to the economy downturn in the biotech/pharma realm of life. So I've been spending a lot of my "free" time learning about discus keeping. Al, sorry to hear about the job swapping the biology sector usually has the best jobs. I might have to go back to a previous incarnate of my work career myself and start looking for brew master jobs, it seems that intoxicants are the only thing that doesn't die in a depression. Good luck with the job Cooldadddyfunk286.

Alex

Ed13
02-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I've been there, you pretty much stay in the new posts buttom:o

Nah...You? Nope, I can't beleive it:rolleyes:

:D

mlov1022
02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Completely and utterly, most definitely entangled. :DI think Eddie holds the record for post count: 14,582. I use the new post button all day long too. I don't post much, but I'm on here all day long reading and admiring everyone's gorgeous Discus. :D

Eddie
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I never even look at the new post button, never had to. :D But no, I dont hold the record, might be close though. :o LOL

Eddie

ducman
02-17-2010, 08:36 PM
laid off for last year from airline and going back monday finally... Im sure going miss sitting here surfing all day, sure wish fishshaper would shared this great site earlier with me :)

but I will have say I did work very hard on staining my new 125 g stand today

moik
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I am trying to squeeze more time out of a 24 hour day now...Too much to do and never enough time to relax..I find my little breaks to sneak on Simply as much as possible..

Eddie
02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
I am trying to squeeze more time out of a 24 hour day now...Too much to do and never enough time to relax..I find my little breaks to sneak on Simply as much as possible..

I know! It seems the older I get, the less time I have.....LOL. The clock gets faster every day, it seems. There just isn't enough time to get it all done. :(

Eddie

Jhhnn
02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
What Eddie said...

I'm very lucky in the employment dept- the job isn't going anywhere, and neither am I, at least not in the near future. Good luck to those who are looking, for sure...

gotfish?
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
arrrrgh there should be an award for who visit this site the most and im pretty sure il be compitetive :D:( i think ive almost read all the threads here...inlcuding the really REALLY old ones! haha thats why SD should BRING BACK THE CHAT ROOM :balloon:

DonMD
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM
My heart goes out to you guys who are unemployed and looking for work! For me it's either, had no money but time to spend, or money to spend but no time:mad: Never free time with plenty of money:p

I never even look at the new post button, never had to. :D But no, I dont hold the record, might be close though. :o LOL

Eddie

Eddie, I got to tell you, I once visited Al Sabetta up in CT to pick up some food, and I mentioned to him how the forum had really helped me, and that you were a great poster of good advice, and he said, "I think Eddie is trying to outpost me" or something to that effect:D

Keep it up ! ! !;) -Don

dbfzurowski
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
i've been recovering from a ripped tendon between my collarbone and shoulder blade for past month and i think i do bout 50/50 simply and staring at my fish :)
Heh, i hope for new post every morning :)

tcmemphisbbq
02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Ditto, refresh several times per day - Cant get enough! Wish I had ALOT more money and a bigger house for more Discus LOL

Crazy excited right now, got 3 Stedkers coming in the next day or so finally! Got the 75 setup for 'em to grow em up..... :-)

brewmaster15
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
My heart goes out to you guys who are unemployed and looking for work! For me it's either, had no money but time to spend, or money to spend but no time:mad: Never free time with plenty of money:p

Eddie, I got to tell you, I once visited Al Sabetta up in CT to pick up some food, and I mentioned to him how the forum had really helped me, and that you were a great poster of good advice, and he said, "I think Eddie is trying to outpost me" or something to that effect:D

Keep it up ! ! !;) -Don

At the current level of posting by Eddie ...I predict he will exceed me within a day or two at most.. Now then...if I were to add my pms into the mix....I might be able to hold the lead a tad longer....maybe..:)

MikeF
02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I must admit that I am hooked on this forum. Luckily for me I have a job, but it seems that I spend as much time on simply as I do on my work. My wife thinks that I am nuts b/c the only sites that I visit are this one and craigslist to look for more tanks.

Scribbles
02-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a Simply Discusaholic. :D

Eddie
02-17-2010, 11:52 PM

Keep it up ! ! !;) -Don

At the current level of posting by Eddie ...I predict he will exceed me within a day or two at most.. Now then...if I were to add my pms into the mix....I might be able to hold the lead a tad longer....maybe..:)

ROTFLMAO......You know, I just was looking at that the other day. Another day or 2 huh......so funny. LOL

Take care guys and hope your week is going well!

Eddie

Alok
02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Well, I am obsessed with this site now and keep on refreshing the page for new posts and pictures. I keep on drooling seeing the pictures as my jaw is on the floor! :)

Dkarc@Aol.com
02-18-2010, 12:26 AM
haha thats why SD should BRING BACK THE CHAT ROOM :balloon:

Amen brother! I think that is the ONLY thing missing from this great forum.

-Ryan

April
02-18-2010, 12:28 AM
ok..well till i post now..i wont know how many posts i have..but..lets see..ive been a mod now since simply started..and um....i dont know wehre the new post button is..lol. i just see the ones that are darker..i havent read them..
sorry to hear your all unemployed..i think usa is alot worse off than canada. ill tell you what job theres always a job in though..dog grooming..go to any town..you could get a job . : )

rickztahone
02-18-2010, 03:04 AM
i think the best thing about this site is the fact that you can come onto this site on any given day and learn something new about discus. i use to be on this site a lot more via my cell phone but that broke and i have been having SD withdrawal. I get one Friday however, so i will be back to normal. i usually go online at work though

pinoysport
02-18-2010, 03:39 AM
I am hooked really bad... this is a great site ..... the funny part is that in my Cichlid tank im having babies in there like crazy it seems i have new moms every week and it doesnt matter.... because im just waiting for my discus to pair up... LOL!!! I just need to see if I can do it.

my dad used to breed them when I was a kid and I was never able to go in his fish room. ...and now I have my own...

Darren's Discus
02-18-2010, 03:45 AM
It's the best thing since "sliced bread"

cheers

Rod
02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
i'm on most days, usually 2 or 3 times as i use my computer as part of my work. But normally too busy to spend more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time so i don't read all the posts, just the sections that interest me. I like general, breeding , you talking to me, wilds, and my favourite is the photo gallery.

I'd like to see the chat again as well, but with organised sessions and specific topics at least some of the time.

keef
02-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Yep - Kinda hooked too! Still waiting on my full Australian working visa to come thru, so I can start playing at being a full-time freshwater ecologist again. In the meantime it's daddy daycare & simply discus!

ifixoldhouses
02-18-2010, 07:36 AM

Eddie

Al has you beat by a couple hundred;)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

Eddie
02-18-2010, 08:11 AM

Its all good, I entered the forum A.A. (After Al). :D

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM

heyy, I made page 2!! :p this was a good thread, to my suprise, 3 pages long this morning!! keep it goin guys! :D

Billy Vu
02-18-2010, 10:16 AM
We should definately get a chat room feature going. Sorry to hear about all those that are unemployed. It took my mom almost a year to get a job. I'm in grad school for economics and those unemployment figures that everyone sees at night on the news should be viewed with suspcion. When you include the people who are still looking for a job, but have exhausted there unemployment benefits the figure is much higher than the one people are quoting. That's why I'm studying to be an economist because it's kind of like the weather man. You can be totally wrong and have HUGE margin of error, but still be employed!

Cheers,
Billy

Jason K.
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
laid off for last year from airline and going back monday finally... Im sure going miss sitting here surfing all day, sure wish fishshaper would shared this great site earlier with me :)

but I will have say I did work very hard on staining my new 125 g stand today

you go duckman, great to see you finally posted.:thumbsup:

brewmaster15
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Guys,
I'll look into adding chat again...We took it off line because no one was using it...but I'd be willing to give it another try. I also like Rods suggestion for the structured scheduled discussions..

May take me some time to get it back on line..I'm waste deep in projects and we are running a little sparse in the admin area right now.

Its on my list though...promise.

-al

erikc
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM

This is the first time I have been an active (small) part of a forum and I'm glad it's SD. So much to learn, so much to share and not enough time ...

On a sadder tone, I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the job situation, believe me I know what it's like and I really sympathise with you guys.

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
luckily Im able to collect unemployment. its funny too, my last job payed such CRAP, that my unemployment is literally like 20 dollars less than my actual take home when I was working! LOL.

tdiscusman
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm also hooked on Simply, my guest is about 6-8 hours a day. I still have work, but at this rate (on simply all day, at work), I may get fire soon LOL.

Tony

Billy Vu
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Tony,

I know what you mean brotha. I work at a direct marketing company and part of my job is being online collecting data, but I have found myself on SD alot reading everyone's post. Another person was "let go" last week and my boss chewed me out for being online too much! Just gotta watch out. You have to be careful these days because it's not easy finding employment these days.

Cheers,
Billy

tdiscusman
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Tony,

I know what you mean brotha. I work at a direct marketing company and part of my job is being online collecting data, but I have found myself on SD alot reading everyone's post. Another person was "let go" last week and my boss chewed me out for being online too much! Just gotta watch out. You have to be careful these days because it's not easy finding employment these days.

Cheers,
Billy

Thanks Billy, I've tried to cut-down but were unable to. I need INTERVENTION!. Luckly, my boss is on the other side of the country. Just hope, the "network police" don't turn me in.

Tony

mlw
02-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Okay I seriously have issues because I have a job and am very busy but I still sneak on to see what is happening.

Love this site and the people on it.

diamond_discus
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
All I can say is ...everytime I turn on a computer .. the first thing I do is to login to Simply ...

And during the day when I am at work ... I have a dual monitor .. and I always keep Simply window at one monitor ... I enjoy viewing those pretty discus pictures ... Help me relax and do my work better ... believe it or not ..

Eddie
02-18-2010, 08:44 PM
luckily Im able to collect unemployment. its funny too, my last job payed such CRAP, that my unemployment is literally like 20 dollars less than my actual take home when I was working! LOL.

ROTFLMAO, you killed me Jason, that is funny as heck. :D

All I can say is ...everytime I turn on a computer .. the first thing I do is to login to Simply ...

And during the day when I am at work ... I have a dual monitor .. and I always keep Simply window at one monitor ... I enjoy viewing those pretty discus pictures ... Help me relax and do my work better ... believe it or not ..

Dude, I got all of you beat.....SimplyDiscus is my HOMEPAGE. How do you like them apples! :D

Eddie