PDA

View Full Version : WB/WS and WS/BDPB Fry pictures.

moik
02-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello, hope everyone is well. Here are some updated photos of my WS/WB fry growing up..They are 4 weeks old and about quarter size now..Hope you enjoy..

moik
02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Here are some fry pictures of the same batch..The first picture of a WS 14 bar and second picture shows some other 9 bar variety..Just think,,I have just done a 90% plus water change and cleaned the whole tank 15 minutes before I took these pictures..They don't waste any time to start poopin it up again..Its a good thing though.

moik
02-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Here is another batch which is small but expected for their first try..Female is a WS and the male is a Bulldog pigeon blood..Not many fry in this batch..I have noticed a slower growing habit with the bulldog genes being involved..There is going to be some very high body ones..These guys are too fast to get any good pictures of closer..Hope you enjoy

Eddie
02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Awesome work Vince! The fry look fantastic. I really like that male Bulldog Pigeon. He has great shape and the fin growth is out of this world! Do you have any from that batch that have bulldog features, or is it too early to tell?

Great pictures, thanks for updating!

Eddie

moik
02-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks for liking them..They are alot work but well worth every minute...I have some with very high bodies but no bulldog charactristics as of yet..There are 2 other males that look like him..Honestly they are better overall shaped fish but they have their mates and did not want to screw up the harmony in the other tank..He was the odd one,That is why I chose him for the experiment.. He is still a beatiful fish though..One thing I noticed with these bulldogs is they have super finage and mulitiple streamers and their ventral fins are multi threaded looking instead of just one pionty fin..Very nice in my eyes ..All my BDPB are developing their patterns in now,,I guess they are late bloomers in the pattern department..One day soon I will take pictures of the other BDPB...I am at the point of critical mass with my tanks now..So I have to move the WS/WB fry to a bigger tank real soon(like yesterday) Thinking about letting go some of my odds/ends I have accumilated to make room for these fry...It is going tro be sssssoooo hard to choose which ones though..I have to do something not matter waht...Your batch of fry look very impressive too..Love to see them in 3-4 weeks time..I am very curiuos to see what oddballs you get from this cross..I always liked the ones you did not expect to have from a batch of fry..
Awesome work Vince! The fry look fantastic. I really like that male Bulldog Pigeon. He has great shape and the fin growth is out of this world! Do you have any from that batch that have bulldog features, or is it too early to tell?

Great pictures, thanks for updating!

Eddie

Eddie
02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Cool, I'd like to see the BDPB when you get some shots.

I know what you mean, I was at max capacity before my last batch, now I need to combine fish and add more breeders. :o

Alright man, take care and best if luck with these guys. Bet you could get rid of some REALLY easy. Lots of people wanting these fry.

Eddie

moik
02-18-2010, 01:14 AM
I am going to sit down and take some time and get good pictures of these BDPB and see what your opinion is on them..They are very easily sexed..One very good thing..If I get enough fry to sell , I can not keep them all.I can but my other half won't be happy to see the water and elect.bill..I have been pondering letting some adult odds/ends (various strians) go for a while but been procrastinating on the topic..
Cool, I'd like to see the BDPB when you get some shots.

I know what you mean, I was at max capacity before my last batch, now I need to combine fish and add more breeders. :o

Alright man, take care and best if luck with these guys. Bet you could get rid of some REALLY easy. Lots of people wanting these fry.

Eddie

Scribbles
02-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Your fry look like they're growing like weeds. I bet that they will be incredible as adults. I'm generally not a bulldog fan but your Bulldog PB is stunning. I would like to see more pics of him.

Chris

moik
02-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the compliaments..I will try to get some good pictures of the mlater today...
Your fry look like they're growing like weeds. I bet that they will be incredible as adults. I'm generally not a bulldog fan but your Bulldog PB is stunning. I would like to see more pics of him.

Chris

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
lookin great Vince! I love the pigeon stock your workin with. great lookin fish! way to go my friend! keep us updated. :)

take care bro.

stanlee
02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
nice pair.
does the WS have any BD genes in the lineage?
if u have some very high body fries in the batch, guess the BD gene is very strong.
:)

moik
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I can only assume they have BD in their backround ,but I think the high body would be mostly be the results of the father being a Bulldog discus..I might be misinterperating your abreviation of BD,,does it mean Blue diamond or Bulldog..Thanks for compliaments..
nice pair.
does the WS have any BD genes in the lineage?
if u have some very high body fries in the batch, guess the BD gene is very strong.

dpt8
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for raising up these beauties for us Bro !! Great work !! David T

Discus-n00b
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Very nice looking fish and fry Vince!

hedut
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice Vince, I see some nice baby bulldog:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

moik
02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for all the compliaments...I am starting to feel like the Dunkin Donut guy,,time to go feed the discus...It is amazing how much these guys can eat daily..As long as they keep eating ,I keep cleaning the tank..Thanks everyone..

moik
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Here you go Eddie,,,some more bulldog pictures. First Bulldog males. Bulldog males (only 2 shown of the 4)??? Already other pictures of them posted previously.. None of these pictures were enhanced or stretched..(my camera and computer skills are very amatuer to say the least) What the pictures are is what the fish are ..Hope you enjoy..sad to say that I am pondering letting go some of these..I do not which ones yet..I am procrastinating...

moik
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Male 2..You can see the first male in the first picture again..I spent alot of time to get these few pictures here..I give everyone credit when they post nice pictures...Taking quality pictures is a talent..

moik
02-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Heres the females,,I have 3 females that are carbon copies of the first picture and one shown in picture 2& 3..I wish all discus were easy to sex after learning the individual differences...Hope you enjoy..

Eddie
02-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Very nice Vince, love the deep red orange and fin growth. Thanks for updating with great pictures!

Take care,

Eddie

Kenny's Discus
02-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Very nicely done my WB/WS Man!:)

Frys looks strong and healthy, can't wait to see them develop their color.

How come those Bulldog Pigeons look so much more handsome in your tanks than mine? Must be your water or the person growing them!:p

All the best Vince it was nice talking with you!

Thanks,
Kenny

stanlee
02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I can only assume they have BD in their backround ,but I think the high body would be mostly be the results of the father being a Bulldog discus..I might be misinterperating your abreviation of BD,,does it mean Blue diamond or Bulldog..Thanks for compliaments..
sorry for the confusion.
BD , I mean bulldog.
guess if u get both fishes from the same batch, should assume that the normal parent carries the bulldog genes.
i have a similar pairing but snakeskin and have half bulldogs and the other high bodies.

moik
02-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the compliaments....I think I earned that name by now,,do you have anymore WB/WS on this shipoment????I just try my best and hope they turn out the best that they can..Starting with this caliber of stock is a BIG plus ..The fry are eating me out of everything,,its amazing how much they eat in a day..I keep feeding ,they keep eating and I keep cleaning..Thats the name of the game and a little luck for the future..All the best ,,Vince
Very nicely done my WB/WS Man!:)

Frys looks strong and healthy, can't wait to see them develop their color.

How come those Bulldog Pigeons look so much more handsome in your tanks than mine? Must be your water or the person growing them!:p

All the best Vince it was nice talking with you!

Thanks,
Kenny

Discus-n00b
02-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice Vince. You take good photos! The point is to get a clear shot of the fish with as close to real colors as possible and it looks like you achieved this well!

I'm not a fan of bulldogs, but yours are nice...they arn't that very extreme bulldog. I love thier pattern.