PDA

View Full Version : What does Hole in the Head look like ?

caparzo
02-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Does anyone have any good pictures ? I have a fish that is getting these grooves on the side of his head.. from just above his gills to the top of where his back starts.. I'm trying to get a good pic.

Eddie
02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Here you go.

http://www.discus-fish-care.com/images/hole_in_the_head.jpg

Not my fish, taken from discus fish care.com

gotfish?
02-18-2010, 02:57 AM
i have a fish that has it really bad, il take a photo in a few..

caparzo
02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Eddie.. do those start out as a white mark ? or what looks like a whitehead ? What is the cure ? Those don't look like the grooves I'm talking about .. but I also have a fish that has a " Poc" mark like that picture shows.. it started out as what looked like a whitehead and now it is a poc mark.. what can I do differently ?

caparzo
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
bump

darbex
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes HITH starts off as a pimple and then it pops leaving pot holes. There are two possible causes one is from an infection by a parasite or lack of nutrition. They only way to know which it is is right before or right after the site pops you will see what looks like a tail protruding from the site. If you see this then its the first if not then it could be due to the fish not getting enough nutrients

Eddie
02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Eddie.. do those start out as a white mark ? or what looks like a whitehead ? What is the cure ? Those don't look like the grooves I'm talking about .. but I also have a fish that has a " Poc" mark like that picture shows.. it started out as what looked like a whitehead and now it is a poc mark.. what can I do differently ?

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=77260

gotfish?
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
looked like that for over a year now and other than having a grand canyon on its face, the fish looks and acts healthy.

Eddie
02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
OUCH!!! That is SEVERE HITH. :( Thanks for sharing the picture for others to see.

Take care Benedict,

Eddie

tcmemphisbbq
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
wow that is crazy looking -

Cant that be recovered or totally healed when it gets to that point?

DerekFF
02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I wish I had some pics of a flowerhorn from the lfs. Poor thing only had half a head when it died

caparzo
02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
So if your fish has a white spot somewhere other than on it's head then what is that ?? Is it the same phenomenon ? I'm going to do some filter cleaning tonight for the fun of it... I think you breeders need to build a better mouse trap though.