PDA

View Full Version : Left out frozen BW... now what? toss em?

pinoysport
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Man I left out a new one pound bag of frozen BW. The got slushy. Would you toss them or stick them back in the freezer...

rom all the way solid frozen .. not room temp.. just cold and slushy..

what would you do?

Thanks ladies and gents

Eddie
02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't risk it. 1 pound of BW is nothing compared to the cost of your fish. ;)

Eddie

Scribbles
02-19-2010, 04:05 AM
I wouldn't risk it. 1 pound of BW is nothing compared to the cost of your fish. ;)

Eddie

+1

Chris

rickztahone
02-19-2010, 04:07 AM
i'd toss it

whitedevil
02-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Toss it, you cant feed em thawed foods, the bacteria levels are ungodly.

dont worry about it, I left my shipment of frozen food in the box out overnight, got up it was a slurry, it got pitched. Wife got me on that one but I wont take a risk when it comes to their food supply.

I small bit of bad food can wipe out the entire tank even if it doesnt get consumed.

korbi_doc
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I've been there done that one too! Sev'l times....I pitched'm for the same reasons, not worth the chance...however, now I feed'm to the earthworm container, no waste then....but it is tempting, so don't take the chance with the fish....

Dottie

pinoysport
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
thanks people... i guess i have to get rid of my hoarder mentality... LOL.... gone .. better to toss $12 in FWB then lose $100's in fish... lol... thanks everyone

whitedevil
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Yep, I forget ALOT so I use a small cooler with an ice pack inside with the food and store that in the freezer, but helps incase I leave it out atleast I got a little time before it melts down.
I feed multiple tanks so the cooler is easier to transport from the utility room to the fish rooms.

Disgirl
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Yep, I forget ALOT so I use a small cooler with an ice pack inside with the food and store that in the freezer, but helps incase I leave it out atleast I got a little time before it melts down.
I feed multiple tanks so the cooler is easier to transport from the utility room to the fish rooms.

This is a very good idea! Others may want to try this.
Barb:)