PDA

View Full Version : Tefes enjoying a water change ...

pcsb23
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM
and it was a little overdue too :o. Been having a few challenges so they took a back seat really. Looks like they enjoyed it though :)

Enjoy!

pcsb23
02-22-2010, 10:36 AM
more ...

pcsb23
02-22-2010, 10:37 AM
last for now :)

plecocicho
02-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Just beutifull, i cant find words.. What are tank measurments?
lp

dalejordan
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
This can be a great way to get your wilds to spawn !!! Next time, try a lengthy time without a change, drain the water and keep it low for about four days. ( hopefully you can with your filters, heaters etc ). After the four days, replace the water with a cooler ( about 75 degrees ) water change. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it will certainly tell you who is who in your tank :-)

Good luck and keep us posted !!

Dale

Condor
02-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Paul that is a beautiful tank and some lovely fish.

Adrian

wgtaylor
02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
and it was a little overdue too :o. Been having a few challenges so they took a back seat really. Looks like they enjoyed it though :)

Enjoy!
Life's challenges are a pita, keeps ya away from all this fun. :D Man they look awesome Paul. Love those Tefe's. :):):)
Glad you are back at it.
Take care
Bill

pcsb23
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Just beutifull, i cant find words.. What are tank measurments?
lpThanks, the tank is a 300 litre tank, 1.2m x 0.5m x 0.6m tall

This can be a great way to get your wilds to spawn !!! Next time, try a lengthy time without a change, drain the water and keep it low for about four days. ( hopefully you can with your filters, heaters etc ). After the four days, replace the water with a cooler ( about 75 degrees ) water change. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it will certainly tell you who is who in your tank :-)

Good luck and keep us posted !!

Dalehehe, I already know ;)

Paul that is a beautiful tank and some lovely fish.

AdrianThanks Adrian, about time you got some isn't it?

Life's challenges are a pita, keeps ya away from all this fun. :D Man they look awesome Paul. Love those Tefe's. :):):)
Glad you are back at it.
Take care
Bill
Thanks Bill, they keep me sane in a mad, mad world!! (I think ....:p)

ashaysathe
02-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Paul,

Very nice fish Paul. Looks a pristine setup. Very nice

Ashay

Dan S
02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Hello Paul,

How are you?

They are looking superb. That fish in Pic 1 is such a beautiful fish. Im very impressed. Im guessing they must be coming upto that age where spawning will be on thier minds, any signs yet?

Dan

Condor
02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks Adrian, about time you got some isn't it?

:D Yep I reckon so. Have been craving wilds for a while now. Right now I am getting ready. Until then I will have to live vicariously through you.:D

blkrob
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Beautiful fish and very nice set up.

Robert

Eddie
02-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Gorgeous greens Paul! I really love that group, their colors and ventral fins are superb!

All the best and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Eddie

pcsb23
02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey Paul,

Very nice fish Paul. Looks a pristine setup. Very nice

AshayThank you my friend :)

Hello Paul,

How are you?

They are looking superb. That fish in Pic 1 is such a beautiful fish. Im very impressed. Im guessing they must be coming upto that age where spawning will be on thier minds, any signs yet?

DanI'm good Dan, thanks. Yes they are showing signs (2 pairs!!)

:D Yep I reckon so. Have been craving wilds for a while now. Right now I am getting ready. Until then I will have to live vicariously through you.:DI'll try and keep the pics coming then :D

Beautiful fish and very nice set up.

RobertThank you. :)

Gorgeous greens Paul! I really love that group, their colors and ventral fins are superb!

All the best and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Eddie
Thanks Eddie :)

acroken
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Man they are some beautiful Tefe's Paul. That is my dream tank there:D thanks for posting them Paul

Kenny

Alok
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Really beautiful fish. Your pics are making me more confused about the type that I want in my 90G...

colinlp
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Lovely fish Paul, my father really really wanted that very tank back in the 70's when he kept fish but they were considered to difficult for mere mortals and astronomically expensive.

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I love those wilds man, I wish I had a tank setup just like yours. I love the colors and patterns of those Tefes!! Man, Im really itchin for some wilds. I need to take a stab at it! :D

swami
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Great looking fish. the babies will be awesome. good luck

pcsb23
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Man they are some beautiful Tefe's Paul. That is my dream tank there:D thanks for posting them Paul

KennyThanks Kenny and you're welcome.

Really beautiful fish. Your pics are making me more confused about the type that I want in my 90G...Thank you, it is one of the pleasure choosing which discus to keep :)

Lovely fish Paul, my father really really wanted that very tank back in the 70's when he kept fish but they were considered to difficult for mere mortals and astronomically expensive.When I first got discus in the mid to late 70's I was told they were impossible to keep alive and you needed allsorts. To be honest wilds are no harder to keep than domestics and in some ways easier. Clean water and lots of it and good food works well :D

I love those wilds man, I wish I had a tank setup just like yours. I love the colors and patterns of those Tefes!! Man, Im really itchin for some wilds. I need to take a stab at it! :DGo for it Jason, if you get smaller ones you can see them develop, and thank you.

Great looking fish. the babies will be awesome. good luckThank you, as and when they lay we'll know ;)

Scribbles
02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Absolutely beautiful tank and discus!

Chris

erikc
02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks Paul for posting, I was wondering how they were getting on.

That really is a superb group you have there.

Alok
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Where did you get these from? I am assuming from one of the sponsors, but which one? I watch all the pics each time this thread is updated! :)

ashaysathe
02-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Alok - Paul is in UK.
For US - Check SNOOKN21. he is the sponsor and is very reputed. The season for quality wilds is coming to the tail end. Its now or December/January next yr.

Sorry did not mean to digress the thread. That is indeed a very splendid collection.

pcsb23
02-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Absolutely beautiful tank and discus!

ChrisThank you Chris :)

Thanks Paul for posting, I was wondering how they were getting on.

That really is a superb group you have there.They are doing very well thank you. Had a scare with them a few weeks back with some bad bloodworm, but there seem to be no lasting damage.

Where did you get these from? I am assuming from one of the sponsors, but which one? I watch all the pics each time this thread is updated! :)From a UK supplier.

Alok - Paul is in UK.
For US - Check SNOOKN21. he is the sponsor and is very reputed. The season for quality wilds is coming to the tail end. Its now or December/January next yr.

Sorry did not mean to digress the thread. That is indeed a very splendid collection.
No apology needed :) and thank you too :D