PDA

View Full Version : Help stock a 220 gallon tank

mustangs
02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Right now I have 10 juvenile discus (4 Altum Snakeskins, 4 Velvet Rouge, 2 Blue Diamonds between 2.5-4.5 inches) and a bunch of bristlenose that I can't catch because they are constantly spawning. I'm looking for a group/groups of tetras that will really bring out the color in the tank without putting much of a bioload on it. I'm having a lot of trouble finding decent rummy-nose and I'm not really interested in Congo Tetras. Any help and ideas would be great.
The tank is planted with plastic plants (too deep to get good light and grow ground cover, even java fern) and a bunch of malaysian driftwood.
Thanks in advance.

mjs020294
02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Cardinal Tetras.

mustangs
02-23-2010, 12:57 PM
I like them, but they're about $4 each around here and that's a pretty expensive feeder.

JimG817
02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Harlequin Rasboras are a nice schooler. Any of the rainbowfishes are good as well. Praecox are very colorful. Discus Hans normally has good cardinals at a decent price. You might want to check with him. Emperor Tets and Kerri's tets would also work as well as glowlights. A very cool schooling loach are Botia Sidthmunki. I have 6 in my 215 and the school alot with my rummynose.
Jim

gwrace
02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Harlequin Rasboras are a nice schooler. Any of the rainbowfishes are good as well. Praecox are very colorful. Discus Hans normally has good cardinals at a decent price. You might want to check with him. Emperor Tets and Kerri's tets would also work as well as glowlights. A very cool schooling loach are Botia Sidthmunki. I have 6 in my 215 and the school alot with my rummynose.
Jim

I would second the Harlequin Rasboras. Have some with angels and discus. They seem to get along just fine together.

mareshow
02-25-2010, 12:37 AM
silver or black arowana? but a small one like 6" or so and you'll be stunned at the turnout, i know i was they make awesome tank mates believe me AWESOME! mine leads everyone to the food lol its really cool to watch

mustangs
03-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Found a ton of tetras for a dollar each and bought 30 glow-light tetras and I'm going back for 30-40 cardinals.