PDA

View Full Version : Two males. One female. =) With video. Eggs in community tank

pinoysport
02-24-2010, 12:01 AM
So I have two males that are trying to capture the attention of a female who is laying eggs. As you can see from the vid there is one big male im thinking a pigeon (biggest male) and the female (white diamond) and the smaller male (leopard snakeskin).

During the video you see the big male chase off the other younger male. The bigger male was doing the shymming and the dry run with the female but when it came down for her to lay the eggs. the big male came up from behind and ate the eggs.

the smaller male would come by and was also cleaning and shymming and was trying to get in with the female and would do this for a while and then the the big male would always chase him away...

it looks to me like the female accepted both males but im thinking of thinking of moving out the WD and the LSS ..

By the way sorry for video quality and all the cameos of the other discus... this is my community tank LOL...

What do you guy think? let them try again or separate .. but with what male?

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/pinoysport/Discus%20Videos/?action=view&current=MOV07756.flv

jaykne
02-24-2010, 04:31 AM
The female looks blue or maybe the video. I would mix with the Lss if he is old enough, would make life allot more easy when it came time for fry to attach when they get that far. Good luck, Larry.

pinoysport
02-24-2010, 01:23 PM
yes you are right.. she is blue.. misnamed.. blue diamond? white body with light baby blue fins.

i think im going to move her out with the LSS. I wonder if he is old enough.