PDA

View Full Version : Earthworm or Beefheart Flake?

ValorG
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Ive been looking for a high protein flake to feed my fish in conjunction to using regular fish flake and frozen blood worms. Which Would be better for discus/angels earthworm or Beefheart flakes?

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd look at the total nutritional list for each... People often cite "high" protein as being important...but I think the total nutritional package is whats key..

when you look at the various brands..look at the protein sources and types of protein...

I'd also look at some seafood based flakes if I was in need of a flake..personally I prefer small pellets like Ocean nutrition formula one to flakes.

hth,
al

William Palumbo
02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Al has a good point. It's not always about the protien% If you are considering those two types of flake, I would get both. That way you have a bit of variety, and possibly what one flake lacks, the other may compensate for. Variety is always good...Bill

Jhhnn
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Kensfish offers both, and a lot more, at entirely reasonable prices.

My own discus are totally spoiled, and just pick at either the earthworm or beefheart flakes, mostly look at me like I'm an idiot when I offer either...

diamond_discus
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I use both beefheart flakes and earthworm flakes from Kensfish .. He has top quality flakes. I use the earthworm flakes in my breeding tank and also for my yellow fishes. Ken told me that the earthworm flakes won't cause my yellow fish to turn orange.