PDA

View Full Version : quick question about Cycle

MikeF
02-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I just have a quick question. I am ordering from Kenny, and I am planning to place these fish into a new tank, with all new equipment. I do not want to use any of my cycled media, for fear that my old fish may contaminate these new ones. I do not see anything wrong with my other fish, but I do not want to take a chance. I was looking at using the product Cycle to cycle this tank. My question is does it work, and is there anything that I need to watch out for during the first few weeks using this product? Thanks for any help!

phat nguyen
02-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Mike,
I would do lots of WC for the next few days. Make sure to have more than double dose of Prime and a steady temp. of 86 degree in your tank.
After adding the fishes, please keep on doing WC at about 50 % for the next 2 weeks. The water will not be very clear for the first few days but will get better as the filter and sponge filters get seeded.
If you see the fish shedding slime coat and not eating, doing smaller WC 2 times per day will help. All this were my own experiences dealing with setting up a few new tanks preparing for Kenny's discus.
CONGRATULATIONS on getting some of Kenny/Forrest Discus. You are making the right choice. Their fishes are healthy,eating like Pig and most of all,Kenny's customer serves .
I, myself is a HUGH fan of Kenny too.

Best wishes,

Perry Nguyen :angel: :angel: :angel:

April
03-01-2010, 03:23 AM
dont bother with the cycle product..two people tried growing it on agar..nothing grew. they may put bacteria in the bottle..but it doesnt last on the shelf and no oxygen. do lots of wcs and feed clean foods till you get cycled. or ask kenny for a sponge maybe?
ive heard stabilty works..but not positive. also biospira. if your ph is less than 7 ammonia is safer than above 7.

keno
03-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I believe BioSpira was replaced by Tetra safestart, which Ive heard good things about. Cycle Ive never heard good things about, try Safestart.