PDA

View Full Version : 2 canisters

swank
03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
If a person bought 2 eheims canisters filters, could you use one for mechanical and one for bio? How would you setup these canisters up then?

Eddie
03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
If a person bought 2 eheims canisters filters, could you use one for mechanical and one for bio? How would you setup these canisters up then?

I would use foam pads and porous rings in both and a prefilter on both intakes. Thats just me though. ;)

Eddie

scottishbloke
03-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I would also recommend putting some Substrat Pro in a couple of the media baskets in addition to what Eddie said, it looks like little porous balls and is a really great filter medium for biofiltration, much better than the original version IMHO. Myself, I am looking very forward to tomorrow, as I sold enough plants to a LFS to finally get my Pro III 2075 canister, which will be mostly filled with already mature filter media and some new, and installed after a nice big 100% WC, with some extra Seachem SAFE on hand. We like this very much :D:D:D

Colin

Scribbles
03-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I would also go with foam pads, biological media (ceramic rings or bio balls), and prefilter sponges on each filter.

Chris

Justice
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
X 3 on what Eddie and Chris suggested.