PDA

View Full Version : Can I remove the mother?

henpecked
03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
My pair just laid their third batch of eggs. The previous two were eaten. I would like to try removing the F, but the breeding tank is mostly RO with a TDS of 85.
I would like to move her back into the communal tank she came from which is regular tap (TDS 200).

Can I acclimate her as usual by slowly adding the harder water to a 5g bucket?

Eddie
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
My pair just laid their third batch of eggs. The previous two were eaten. I would like to try removing the F, but the breeding tank is mostly RO with a TDS of 85.
I would like to move her back into the communal tank she came from which is regular tap (TDS 200).

Can I acclimate her as usual by slowly adding the harder water to a 5g bucket?

Have you tried using an egg guard already?

Eddie

ockyra215
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I agree with Eddie Try to keep her in the tank and use an guard aor put divider in the tank and keep her on the side without the eggs:D

henpecked
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys,

I guess trying the easiest and least invasive thing first is the right thing to do.

Have you guys had any luck using egg guards?

Eddie
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys,

I guess trying the easiest and least invasive thing first is the right thing to do.

Have you guys had any luck using egg guards?

Yes, I have. One of my stubborn females would eat the eggs EVERYTIME! Once the eggs hatched though, I removed the guard and she tended to the wrigglers. I believe most people keep the guard on until the fry go free swimming but I took a chance and it worked. ;)

Eddie